Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problem with the new 22s!!! HELP

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
I got some 22s put on my ve 1 week ago, as you can see in the pic. I have a couple of problems 1 my fuel consumption has gone from 9.4 to 10.9 and higher since the rims. And i have wheel vibration from 80 to 100k, i have taken it back 3 times and now they are saying there isnt any vibration! Anyway can someone please tell me whats going on! IMG_0110.jpg

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Does wheel balance cause vibration? That could be a problem...maybe even wheel alignment? Who are you taking it too?

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
tyre factory geelong, said they cant do anymore. But im taking it further, because they want nothing to do with me

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
What sort of tyres does it have? If they're a cheaper tyre they could be moving on the rim and throwing out the balance.
As for the fuel consumption, that's pretty normal when you've fitted bigger rims, and again, tyres can effect fuel consumption.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
weight/tyre friction/rolling diameter will affect fuel usage. suck it up.

make sure the wheels are hubcentric, if theyre not, make sure theres hubcentric rings used to center the wheel properly.

take the car to another shop and get them to check the wheel balancing, if its out and the vibration goes away, try taking the receipt to ttf for a refund.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
if they're saying there is no vibration... tell them to jump in and take it with you in the car.

I agree with Hak take it elsewhere. Someone will listen. Then take it back after.

stirringaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree with earlier comments. Your problems mirror mine & many others when going down the 22" road.

Read thru this post, it may help. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...082-help-ve-calais-wheel-alignment-issue.html

My experience was this: - Hey this was my experience with the balance problem on 20" mags. I had the same issue when 20" wheels & tyres where fitted.

The tyre dealer tried all sorts of things to rectify the problem to no avail. We tried different balancing machines, balancing the wheels with the finger plate into the stud holes on the balance machine, hub centre rings, tyre pressures, different set of wheels, "on car balancing" & still no joy.

They kept saying that big mags can often have these sort of issues.

After several months of mucking around I had them strip the tyres off all the rims, & run them up on the balancer, to check if they were buckled or out of round but they were fine.

I commented on the amount of balance weights on the rims & then told them to fit a different brand of tyres.

They fitted up the new tyres, balanced to 0 on fine balance straight away & hey presto problem solved for good.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
I wouldn't trust tyre factory...we had one in shep and they were pretty crap..ended up closing down

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
welll man shep is pretty small town with alot of emos and retards lol that probably y and that why i moved to melbourne haha
I wouldn't trust tyre factory...we had one in shep and they were pretty crap..ended up closing down

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
is it too late to say "22's are too big" ? :)

go with what hakhawk said... once the problem is fixed elsewhere, you'll have the ammo needed (along with a diary or record of who you spoke to, how many times and when you kept going back to them to remedy) to push things further.