Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with vibration

Shane gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden commodore vz
Hey team as most of you know I have been having these vibration issues for a while and replaced pretty much everything had it to the mechanic who couldn’t find anything wrong had been really getting into this weekend now my rotors both front most definitely have warp when spinning freely with brakes removed and hubs bolted on most definite mechanic seems to think it can’t be the issue as I have no wobble when braking either through steering or brake pedal really put some pressure on the bearing not a single bit of movement from bearings How can the rotor be warped and not have the shaking when braking is this possible or is it a different issue I’m obviously going to replace the rotors I just don’t want to get new rotors and see the same problem can I have rotor warp without the pedal vibration when braking cheers team

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Just imagine at speed how your warped rotors could throw your wheels out of balance, after all they do use weights to balance your wheels to keep them straight.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Drive shaft centre bearing?

Shane gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden commodore vz
Just wanted to update team just had new bearings new rotors and brakes fitted for a full balance and wheel alighnment again every single bush has been replaced and still hit 105 kms and shakes like a bitch even just got a full set of rims to try out to eliminate rims and no different the only thing left is steering rack it has to be the issue if not I’m going to fill it up with petrol and burn it

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Load the parts canon. Full charge! Fire for effect!!

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rims not round, drive shaft out of balance. Wrecked shock absorber. Rooted rack end.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Are the front hubs ok? When they replaced the rotors did they clean the hubs properly to make sure there's no run-out? If there's **** left on the hub, you can get high spots so the new rotors don't sit perfectly flat. This throws out balance and at speed will be more noticeable.