Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problem with vl turbo

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey guys i went to start my car yesterday and its not firing. it turns over but no go. checked spark witch seems a bit weak. its got a brand new msd ignition system. 6al and ss coil.check for fuel. got plenty coming out the rail. now i did a ecu code check and its pulling up error 21 witch is ignition signal circuit . now prior to this the car had a ems ecu installed witch to run it needed the dizzy rotor arm modified to change the phasing angle. now ive put back the rotor button to the standard position .now i believe maybe its got a problem with the power transistor witch from what ive read has something to do with the coil. what are you thoughts. i will hopefully put another dizzy in the next week or so

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
ok that could explain why i have such a weak spark perhaps. im borrowing another dizzy to try and ill give all the plugs a spray with wd40

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
The transistor is probably fine but if you have a spare lying around swap it in for good measure. How's your battery charge? Yeah let us know after you throw the new dizzy in, I'm about to throw a spare on in myself to try to get mine running again lol

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
well car is running again. had a problem with the crank angle sensor plug and timing wasnt set quite right. but all running now