Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems problems problems...

Uldis Esots

Stosey
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hi All
I hope someone can suggest something...I have a Vz Acclaim which is starting to cut out around every 20-30km whilst driving. This started initially with the engine cutting out, no warning lights and has recently changed to the most recent problem being a 'check powertrain light' immediately followed by a 'ESP failed' / 'Fuel guage error' and 'service vehicle soon' messages all in quick succession. I had a mobile mechanic check it twice with a tech2 with no luck. He spent 2 visits of around 1 hour each trying to work out what the problem was and still hasn't been able to. He cleared the log etc, but couldn't fault it. Any suggestions before I drive the thing off a cliff?
:bang:

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
hey mate,

i know a few of the fellas on here have resolved the "check powertrain" light by replacing the c02 censor because apparantly it stuffs up otherwise not sure..if u say you've had a mechanic look at it and use the tech2 well only other thing could maybe be a fuel pump on its way out? sorry i couldnt help more

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
The Empire Strikes Back

It sounds like it is dangerous to you and others.
Unfortunately you will have to deal with the Evil Empire Padowan.
The Holden Service Department!

Uldis Esots

Stosey
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Thanks guys, I've booked it in to the dark side tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have to sell the house to fix it.

Uldis Esots

Stosey
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Still no luck...the Holden Service guys could not fault it. Will have to keep on driving until it faults again (shouldn't take long!) to provide some fault codes. Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.