Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problems seeing instrument panel

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
I find the instrument panel almost impossible to see on a sunny day as its in deep shade, I can just see the speedo but the rest of it is almost invisible
has anyone ever drilled holes in the top plastic cover to let more light in?

can anyone see the instruments when wearing sunglasses, I cant at all, never driven any other car where the instruments are so difficult to read

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
I find the instrument panel almost impossible to see on a sunny day as its in deep shade, I can just see the speedo but the rest of it is almost invisible
has anyone ever drilled holes in the top plastic cover to let more light in?

can anyone see the instruments when wearing sunglasses, I cant at all, never driven any other car where the instruments are so difficult to read

I don't have any probs but if your plastic cover is scratched up try polishing it with brasso or car polish, it will bring it up heaps better.:wax:

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
its not the cover, if no one else has the problem then it must be my eyesight which isnt as good as it was:bow:

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
perhaps ur cluster was previouslys tinted by a previous owner or somthing, weird but ive heard it being done berfore.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah when I wear dark sunnies it gets hard too see sometimes, my fascia is pretty scratched tho, might try the polish trick but can't be bothered to pull it all out again lol

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i find the blinker lights and high beam doodab hard to see during daylight, specially with sunnies on. think it was probably justa design flaw plug an age problem (both driver and car lol)