Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems With Junk Emails

Gav95VS

Reaction score
has anyone else started recieving junk emails and email scams such as people claiming to be from arfica and looking for someone who has an account that they can deposit $15 million US into there account.
i have recieved at least 3 a day since i registered
i am assuming that the cause is from this site as i never use my main email for internet sites the only reason i did is as JC dont except yahoo addresses.

R

Robbie

I receive a few of them. but I was getting them before i joined JC.

Cheers,

Robbie

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Gav95vs, as per your recent email I can guarantee not only yourself but all members on the site that we do not sell addresses in order to make a profit or free for that matter, not only is this unethical but I simply couldn't bring myself to doing it knowing they aren't mine to start off with.

If anyone has a problem using a 'main' email address on the site please free feel in signing up for free Just Commodores address and send an email to either myself or Garth who will update your account with your chosen email address.

I don't mean to sound cocky but just this morning on my Bigpond account I have received 24, it really is a joke and I personally wish all spammers a slow and painful death, I just hope governments take this more seriously in the future as it is very frustrating for just about every internet user out there. Somedays I receive nothing otherdays it can be as high as 50 - 100.

For anyone who is having the same kind of trouble I have found Mailwasher an excellent product so far although unstable at times it appears to do the trick nicely although bad in the respect should you wish to keep mail on the server so you can grab them from another location.

If anyone else has some suggestions on spam filtering etc please let us know
Thank you for raising your concerns!

R

Rallyguy

One thing, these e-mail harvesting spiders can't get member e-mail addresses if the site requires a login. I remember when I first found this forum I could read all the posts I wanted just couldn't post until I registered so it would be possible to spider and harvest this site.

In fact I have such a crawling / harvesting piece of software that I use to find MIDI and MP3 files, there's plenty around.

In my opinion this site is a risk but then again nobody actually uses their real e-mail do they??????

Sideways

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
I get a lot of BAD mail, but most of it is after I've looked at something the miss' does not approve off, lol. I spend the time to send an email back to all of these lovely people with something along the lines of "GET A F*%#ING LIFE" then I email them about 20 times. I'm yet to get a return reply from any of these well deserving people.

I know I'm probably just as bad as them by feeding so much **** over the net but it makes me feel a hell of a lot better.

Regards Guy.

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
DAMN Spammers! At work, it got so bad for us that any e-mail we tried to send just wouldn't go..Our servers were choc a block with around 20,000 incoming emails!

Also, Darren, I signed up for the justcommdores e-mail, but I can't access it. Help?! There was no problem with signing up, but when I tried to view how to make it work with Outlook, it gave me this little box that I couldn't scroll down to look at the rest of the info...

Tedee

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
SPAM SPAM I HATE SPAM...

if you think some of you have it bad

i have been receiving spam for quite some time to my
dial-up account username...

just recently i went on holidays and did'nt check all my email address's
went i got back during those 2 weeks i had got over 2000+ spam email's
lucky my isp (iiNet) has a spam filter which
scan's the email for http, mailto and img links once it scans them it
insert's iiSpam into the subject line allowing me to create a rule in outlook
telling it to delete any email with the word iiSpam in it

and lets say out of the 100+ emails i get each day i only want about 5 from that email address

at the moment i have about 4 other email addy's to make sure i dont get spam...

Cheers
Daniel