Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problems with my vt, battery dies

nathan78

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl, vt, vx
have asked a few poeople regarding my problem, every 2 or so weeks my battery goes flat, ive replaced the starter motor as apparently they sometimes fault and drain power, ive also checked my voltage on the alternator and it 13.9, i dont know where else to look for reason for the problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.... cheers nathan

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
Had the same problem a week ago once running it was running 14volt but thou the day it would go dead flat had to keep jump starting it turned out low water in battery put water in and the it died best bet check the water if its low your cell's would be ####ed you might need a new battery mate

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
you need a new battery.. ive had this problem before

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
If you recon the battery is OK, take off a battery terminal and check for a power drain by hooking in line a multi meter with a 10amp setting. Could be anything from a boot lamp stuck on, to an after market car alarm, stereo amp, or what ever, quietly sucking the power.

Could also be the start of one of the alternator diodes playing up.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Agreed, Check your battery cells first, top up with water if they are low and clean off any battery acid around your terminals, with hot water.