Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems With Starting - no clue help me please!!!!

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
check and see if the BCM fuse is blown

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
i had a problem with my alternator powercable stud coming loose...it'd charge just, so i didnt notice the problem but at the same time getting super hot and cooking the wiring eventually lightin the powercable up:S one minute car running fine next minute car not running at all!

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
check the 3 plugs under bonnet near drivers side windscreen

i84ds

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt SS 5.7
Starter motor. mine was doing the same thing until my starter motor stopped working after I replaced it never did it any more.

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Starter motor. mine was doing the same thing until my starter motor stopped working after I replaced it never did it any more.

Ah this brings new light to the subject, as your starter motor if blown will draw alot more current to start the car.

vt dreamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6
Flat battery on the key piece? I had this problem once too, the engine supposedly checks the key to make sure its the right one for the engine before starting the car, and if your battery is running flat, the car wont start, wel that's what r.a.c.v. told me, ever since i got it fixed it hasn't happened.

vxs3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore S-Pack 5spd
i dont think its the key, ive tried both of them and its the same problem, also the problem doesnt occur when the car is warm
anyways i got it at the autoelect now so il let yous know how i go and what the problem is

vxs3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore S-Pack 5spd
hey guys got a bit of an update
not the battery, not the alternator tested all good
they seem to think its the bcm (body control module)
any ideas before i change it????

fasamr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 ltz
its the theft determnt problem happens to me all the time but i am going with it since4 years lol .

all u need to do is if engine dosent cranks turn the key to on position where the all of engine check abs battery illuminates than see dat the red light it blinking on the mode button if yes than on your key keep on pressing the unlock button unless it red light is off on the mode button , asa soon as red light is off try cranking hopefully engine will start.

dats wat i do

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
it sounds like a BCM Fault, because of the theft deterrent system what happens is basically the vehicle has a resistor in the keyfob(remote), which communicates through the keyreader and to the BCM if the car detects that your key is in the ignition properly, and also that its the correct remote for the car it works on resistance. its either your key, your key reader or BCm. i would start with the cheaper things first like a new Key