Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems With Starting - no clue help me please!!!!

vxs3.8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore S-Pack 5spd
hey guys
think i got it all sorted
changed the starter relay and that ddint help
light were a different issue due to a faulty stalk
the starting problem delay/problem was casued by my starter motor - replaced and all seems fine!
thanks

denholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Vt key starting problems

hi, this is my first post...lots of confusing info, but it all helps I guess....keep up the good responses..
Just Bought a 98' VT 's pak'..(have 2 VT's now..) problem with 's pak' starting at times..? Its obvious, it key starts fine when the mode light stops flashin when its turned to 'on' position...(normal).
then after switch off..(wait 30 secs for mode light to blink again..) turn key to 'on' again..the light is still flashing....?? therefore wont keystart....!
Is this a keypad issue..? cos the sales guy said the original key was stuffed and they got another key/pad made...I only got 1 key with the car.....or is it something else..?? please help thnx.

I have replaced the ignition barrell, because the steering wheel wouldnt lock..due to broken spring.......
So far there has been no trouble with the above trouble I asked about....??? I didnt think it would fix that problem..? Oh well...! cars been good for a week..
I'll keep you posted cheers all.!!

hi, yes the new Barrel has fixed the starting problem ..hasnt reoccurred yet....success..!!!

Last edited:

JEZIMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ll S Pack
i have just been going thru the same problem with my VT S II, at frist my car will start fine if left over night, if i drive it and go somewhere, leave it, then try to go again, nothing happens, all electrics work, can hear the starter relay ticking over when loaded, but nothing form the starter motor, being a manual i have tha advantage of a roll start, but its gotta b fixed, i just got a new starter motor but infortunatly its the wrong one, i took the old starter motor apart, gave it a good clean out, found that there was a lot of crap around all the magnets and the windings, gave it all a good blow and wipe out, and now seems to b fine, if any further problems i will deffinitly b getting the right new starter motor coz it is where the problem is coming from, also going to check out about the alternator powercable stud posted by "drift-it", because sometimes it seems that my battery just isnt giving enough kick sometimes, hope this helps

denholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
top dash vent foam blocking..VT

Hi, I noticed some foam in the top dash vent on the drivers side that has come off..its blocking 2 sections of the vent...so the demister is only blowing through 1 section..
anyone know how to remove the top section vent panels so I can reattach the loose foam.?

Last edited:

damiandownie

Damo (Vl Walky replica)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 commy
check if the red led above the mode switch is flashing or not does the remote work from a good distance say 10m could be flat battery in remote
try turning key until dash lights up count to ten then turn off then try to start normally may be losing fuel pressure

My key works from about 25M away, this is no lie. i suprise everybody that mine can have that range. I dont know why it has such a good range and i wish i knew