Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems with the manual gearboxes in the VE Commodores

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
Where do you get it from? I'll try it. Something else I can stuff around with on the car lol

It should be at any car spares store. NULON G70 MANUAL GEARBOX&DIFF TREATMENT.
Read the fine print and they say good for auto trans/ or when using trans fluid!
and also safe for LSD diffs. It would eliminate any of the friction in the diff to.
Obviously diffs have gear oil in them to lube but this stuff blends in with it real nice.
I tried a drop of this with a teaspoon ful amount of grease to add to the gears in a reduction drive starter motor. Before and after difference is amazing.
Runs smooth as silk on a bench test too. Better than a new one from the box.

By the way there's no profit in it for me. (no commision :( )
I'm just trying to help out. So the proof is in the pudding as they say. Its a cheap test that cant hurt!

Johnjoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So is this for only automatic transmission ? Not manual ?

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
Both any and all and diff.
I'm coming up with extra usages for it all the time. But as I texted above. "NULON G70 GEARBOX& DIFF TREATMENT" is on the tube you buy
with more info in small writing. Manual gearbox, auto transmission, differencial, anything with gears, bearings, wet clutches, moving parts that have to put up with metel to metal contact and friction that you dont want.
I can take a PIC of the tube I have in front of me if you want. Is there any rules against doing that? (wouldn't want to let people think I was adv. it)
It's only to help you out. :)

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
Miss12TAME,
i have a series 2 SV6 ute and was having problems some times crunching the gears.
I decided to replace/bleed the clutch hydraulic system and when bleeding the clutch slave cylinder a lot of air bubbles came out (i:e , there was air in the system)
After doing this the clutch now disengages higher up in the pedal stroke ( clutch operating as it should)
It now changes gears with the best of them (Jap cars)
It should do, its a Japanese made gearbox they use in Lexus

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Comment moved to correct thread. Apologies.

Last edited:

Johnjoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
That's alright I can probably find it, don't want you getting in trouble for putting pictures up ha ha.

So where does it go? Straight into gear box? Less is better ?

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
had exactly the same prob when I had an Omega manual years ago. Same rubbery box. V8 box is much better. Unfortunately not much you can do

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's alright I can probably find it, don't want you getting in trouble for putting pictures up ha ha.

So where does it go? Straight into gear box? Less is better ?

YEP, additive goes straight into gearbox. take out the side plug and fill.
If thats a pest to get to for you.
take off the gearstick selector. and pour in through there. then put the selector back on. Be hard to drive without it :)
Take for a spin and do it after the car has been warmed up.

Johnjoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Would it be better to open up the gearbox and put it right on in there? Or will it flow through everything anyway, is that nulon stuff a paste or liquid ? I'll try it today

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a liquid. The thickness of engine oil.
I use a small bottle and mix it with the oil that I'm going to put in.
You may need to drain off some of the gear oil in there. If the oil comes out red its trans fluid.
Again I haven't done a T56. I'd be surprised if it had gear oil instead of trans fluid. (I will make it clear that I know it is a manual gearbox)
Would pay to check up what's used for the T56 from the service manual. The oil will make all the difference too if they have put the wrong stuff in.
I know it should be right if it's done by the dealer BUT, is it a qualified mechanic working on the car when its serviced or an apprentice?
However if your gonna take it for a spin straight up it would be fine to squeeze the tube straight in.