Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems with the VN Commodore

Abigeus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore SIII
Thanks Pretender,

thats all the info i need, and no i ain't a competent mechanic but i have a friend coming with me who is (although he owns a ford :w00t: ) and if we can't find to much wrong with it i'll get the RACQ to have a look at it. I'll post what i find on a new thread tomorrow and see what you all reckon. Thanks for the help.

Abigeus

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
Cant belevie no one has mentioned roof lining. Very rarely have i seen any VN to VS with perfect roof lining.

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
taking a ford owner with you ???????
they wouldn't know a good car if it got up and bit them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
lol , in reply to the taillights filling with water, im looking at a vn calais 5 lt and the rear ones have dew in em, how are the fixed, replaced the lights?

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Lights

fitzy2005 said:
lol , in reply to the taillights filling with water, im looking at a vn calais 5 lt and the rear ones have dew in em, how are the fixed, replaced the lights?

Check for cracks on the top outer edge first. Most water enters the lights from between the lens and the body though, seal this and it fixes it in most cases.
Water also enters the boot this way.
In some cases it can be rust holes under or around the boot seal or below the rear window. Some of the water makes it's way to the tail lights when you accelerate.
If the tailights have moisture in them check the boot for rust and that the lights work. Unless the lenses are damaged, at worst, you may have to replace the bulb sockets if they are corroded and seal the lens at the top. The light sockets are cheap and you can get them from any Auto Shop.

Dany

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 vn calais
Vn Problems

Hi having intermitant problem with vn it just dies even after short run wont start then if you leave it it will run fine :parts replaced are , coil pack,new leads plugs, injectors, o2 sensor, new fuel pump filter, battery, harmonic balancer,was my dad's car has only 159,000k's so far mechanic's can't find issue. Any help would save what little hair I have left. Thanks Dan

Dany

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 vn calais
Vn Problems

Hi having intermitant problem with vn it just dies even after short run wont start then if you leave it it will run fine :parts replaced are , coil pack,new leads plugs, injectors, o2 sensor,CAS, new fuel pump filter, battery, harmonic balancer,was my dad's car has only 159,000k's so far mechanic's can't find issue. Any help would save what little hair I have left. Thanks Dan

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Crank sensors gone again, unless it was replaced during this problem, otherwise dfi module

Dany

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 vn calais
DFI Module

Thanks for your post
Is there any way to test the dfi module?
Thanks
Dan

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Put a new one on?