Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Probs with my VR 5ltr. Under no load revs fine put it in gear as soon as I flatten it she dies?

Under load she's fine when in gear at low revs she's fine but when I put my foot down in gear. CRAP!

• Timing?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Caleb5ltrStato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5.0
Someo help .My 5ltr Statesman is fine in neutral or park revs high and strong no probs but when in gear it just misses splutters and sometimes just stalls. Please help

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Fuel pump might be tired or filter blocked or ignition system getting weak could be all sorts of things .is it well maintained or in need of a birtbday

Caleb5ltrStato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5.0
Pretty unmolested extractors 2 half inch
. I was thinking maybe timing cos she Was on gas b4 so maybe they forgot reset when they took the gas out?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
If it was on gas its highly possible that the fuel pump filter and injectors could need serviced

Caleb5ltrStato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5.0
If it was on gas its highly possible that the fuel pump filter and injectors could need serviced
The gas removal wasn't recent but yeah I'm sure all those things could do with a service. But if it wasn't that? It's just weird that in neutral it goes hard but when I'm cruising when the pedal goes down so does everything else. Splutters badly and if I don't let off she will stall

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That's what suggests low fuel pressure, not enough fuel to rev under load. It doesn't take much to rev in neutral.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Need a bit more information. How well maintained is the car? When engine components are under stress, any marginal components will tend to breakdown, even if only temporarily. When was the last time the following were changed:

. Engine oil and filter
. Fuel filter
. Air filter
. Spark plugs and leads

Also, to rule out the possibility of contaminated fuel, has this problem continued over a couple of tank refills?