Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Production Broadcast Sheet of the very "LAST VF"

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Mine is just a redline so they might not care as much as the special series.

They were available for all MY17 builds at the time. I bought a Redline and a SS Ute and received the broadcast sheets for both cars at delivery. I asked the Dealer at the time of sale and also reminded him prior to build dates.

Rapom1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oct 2017 sv6 wagon white
I asked for the build sheets to be kept in my car and the build stickers left on when I bought it, because they are a curiosity to me, even wrote it in the special condition. Kinda knew they'd ignore it though and alas they did. Turned up and the car was prepped like any other with all documents and stickers long gone in the bin. I said to the salesman, I thought it was agreed you'd keep all that stuff for me. Yeah, "but no-one wants all that stuff", he says. Was too late to argue the toss by then of course but it would have been nice to have it as a keepsake.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I'm pretty sure that a copy of the PBS of every vehicle built is kept in GMH's hard file system but to get access to that is another thing as that's where "Holden Historical Services" get their info from when you pay $90 for a "Certification Document" of a particular VIN that you own.

http://www.holdenhistoricalservices.com.au/order-report

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kinda knew they'd ignore it though and alas they did.

Honestly that's a breach of contract as it was written in as a special condition and as such I would've asked for some sort of remuneration as compensation for that breach. A few nice added extras out of the spare parts department would've been nice.

Rapom1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oct 2017 sv6 wagon white
Yeah I just let it slide, thought there's more important things in life to worry about. Would have been nice to have but not really that important, the car was otherwise good with no dings/scratches etc so I was happy enough with that and drove off with a smile.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
Is there a way you can get the build sheet for your own car?
Not anymore. With cars built in the last ~12 months, we tried to preserve the broadcast sheets and put them in the glovebox incase people wanted them. But there's no way to retrospectively reprint them.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Paul,

Out of interest which section did you work in at in the Elizabeth Plant ?

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
Hi vs-lover,

Hi Paul,

Out of interest which section did you work in at in the Elizabeth Plant ?

I worked in quality for all of my 16 years, the last 3 years I was the Plant Quality Manager, so across the whole plant really :)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Paul,

You were probably in the area that most of the line workers aspired to getting in to ?

As far as I've always known there was always a copy of each PBS put into the filing system that no one has access to (prior to the body being started in the bodyshop) and yes the one that was attached to the body as it went down the line was either removed at the end and thrown in the bin as was the case with many of the more modern cars as it was too hard to get under the carpet at the end of the line or crudely folded and placed in the glove-box where then a dealer would remove it at pre-delivery and will have thrown it in the trash along with all the other quality control stickers that were stuck on the glass at various points of the production process.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
You had to be lucky to get your broadcast sheets,once the cars were delivered to the dealer the scratch n buff detailers thru them out,I requested mine and was lucky to have switched on salesman as when he saw my car was ready he went thru the rubbish bin and found them all including the plastic and stickers then he put them in a nice folder,I was very impressed.