Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Production where abouts of the v8 engine?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Lol made me laugh:) So Mexico it is it sounds, would be good if OZ could develop our own V8 engine just like they use to and that would go hand in hand with the work they are doing building the V6 atm

In reality the Holden V8 nearly didn't happen and it's just a turn of fate that it did. As for a future Australian V8 - I just can't see it happening. HEC may assist and have some input into future V8's but to claim it as their own would be a very long stretch.

Reaper

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I'll add my $0.02 worth - when in Canada a few years ago, we drove past the building which builds the V8's. As others said, it was GM rather than chev etc. It was outside Toronto.

I know they make the Camaro in Canada - perhaps its the new mexico?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
I'll add my $0.02 worth - when in Canada a few years ago, we drove past the building which builds the V8's. As others said, it was GM rather than chev etc. It was outside Toronto.

I know they make the Camaro in Canada - perhaps its the new mexico?

Sounds plausible but the guy was pretty confident it was Mexico, you never know they may have a few plants?