Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Products aren't what they used to be these days!!

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
I paid $1000.00 for a Panasonic video recorder that died two months after warranty finished. I only did about ten hours recording with it. I was told Panasonic was a good brand but i know better now.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
lol speaking of amps:

My mate djs parties and he uses these big monster PA speakers. Anyway, We fried the Home theatre amp that he had so we has to bring out this old OLD dinosaur. As soon as we plugged it in it was clipping its head off and sounded **** but the drunk people seemed to stay entertained. It Belted out the doofs for 3 hours straight. It got kind of warm.

I bought this $40 car amp from cashies a few years ago. The brand was NewYorkSound and it was oooold. It sat gathering dust for a year or 2 and then i gave it to another mate for exchange for his VS speaker pods. I set it up in his FULLYSIKK pulsar lol with 2 US audio subs and the bloody thing went apeshit. I couldnt believe how hard it drove these two 10 inch subs. It got HOT, understandably (it hasnt got any air vents). But its been 6+ months now and we have been to parties and used the car as the party-driver. It is till going strong.

Dad has a KREISLER radiogram that is 40-ish years old now. it stopped working maybe 7-8 years ago. I think the transformer shat it. The old papercone speakers still work fine. When it worked that bugger was LOUD, and Dad reckons the sound quality was better than our current home theatre system. But maybe thats cos we have a shitty record player atm. It cost $100 from tandy's. Made from Samsung parts. hah!

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
The other day I spent $99.95 on a new Magsafe adapter for my MacBook since the old one (despite being treated with kid gloves since day 1) started fraying at the adapter end. On the other hand, I also have this shitty Acer TravelMate thing with a busted SATA controller...its power adapter is still as good as new despite the fact that the entire machine probably cost half as much as my MacBook. Hell - I still have my 17 year old Macintosh LCIII, most of the parts on that are still original and it still runs like a new machine.