Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Prog Rock/Metal/Fusion

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Lumsk - a Norwegian Folk-Metal band :) I love these guys, the singers are brilliant and the music is awesome

On the Virg - Fusion/Prog Metal from the mid-late 90s:

Last edited by a moderator:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
A couple more that people are probably more likely to have heard of:

Dream Theater - Been around since 1985, had a change from the original drummer about 2 years ago I think, and this is the opening track of their latest album with the new drummer:

Symphony X - Prog Metal, this track is from their latest album which has steered notably away from their less heavier earlier albums:

Last edited by a moderator:

peteypete

poidah
Reaction score
Members Ride
BF XR6
Give Between the buried and me a listen, you are bound to enjoy their endless combinations of melodies, instruments, time signatures and obscure lyrics.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Having a listen now, so far so good! The screaming was a bit unexpected, and I think in some places he should just be singing normally, but other than that this is some pretty cool stuff :). It's good to finally hear another band that has their own sound and doesn't sound like a copy of other prog or metal bands. Most modern prog bands I've heard sound like copies of Dream Theater, Symphony X and Spock's Beard.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I have my internet radio set on a prog rock/metal station. Plays a fair bit of Spock's Beard and a lot of obscure european stuff I have never heard of but most of the stuff they play is great.

Symphony X are a favourite of mine, Dream Theater as well (although not really a fan of their last album).

Porcupine Tree go alright too.