Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Programming New Key fob

JA5ON97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
I bought my VZ in Feb and it only came with one key. I purchased a new key fob off ebay as i was worried the battery in the existing remote would go flat and i would be stuck having to spend a lot getting it sorted. I programmed the new fob using instructions from Mr Minit and it was fully functional. When i used the original key fob to lock the car, the newly programmed fob became inactive. If i repeat the programming process, the new fob works fine until i use the original one. Any ideas on how to sort this out? Thanks in advance :surprise:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Talk to the mr minut guy. I got one from one of those outlets that has worked fine. It may be a faulty head on the key???

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Talk to the mr minut guy. I got one from one of those outlets that has worked fine. It may be a faulty head on the key???
Yeah i have a key done by them and still can use my orignal key aswell pays to go see them first avoid Holden unless your a Rich $$$$ guy.

ureeeka

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Holden Commodore VZ Sedan
Hi mate. Are you able to send me a link to the instructions to coded a new key. Ive brought a complete key but the buttons aren't sync'd. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah i have a key done by them and still can use my orignal key aswell pays to go see them first avoid Holden unless your a Rich $$$$ guy.

That's odd , I haven't been charged a cent , for getting key fobs re-programmed .

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
That's odd , I haven't been charged a cent , for getting key fobs re-programmed .
Your in NZ where people are still friendly and not try and shove it up your A$$ for some $$$ when they can haha. Yes you a correct i use to get a lot of things done to my rides that you should be charged for over there. A simple thanks/chat or a 6pack beers would work but here chances a slim...