Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Programming New Key Head

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Thanks Rob for clearing this up. I hope everyone will read this and stop making all this crap about push the button and stand on your left nut and the key will reprogram etc. I will be directing people to your comment in future when they make these comments.

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
yeah.. something like that.. i didnt know 100%.

but it worked without going to locksmith, then holden and paying holden more money.
rip offs.

M

mr_v8

Hey Rob,

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me...

Off to Holden I go...

Cheers,
mr_v8

red rock

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive-03 VY Acclaim
This is an add that was in one of our local papers [SunshineCoast Qld]

Attachments

• key.JPG
    key.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 928
A

aquabog

i got my spare key cut n programed for 90 bucks took bout half hr coz they were busy. Just from your local key cuttin shop.. better than payin 115

Dougeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Executive
I got a spare cut a few weeks after I bought my 97 vs, a dealer we know is a family friend so he gave me the plastic part as he heaps lying around and i took in my other key and he cut the new key and programmed it and i paid about $15 I think he hasnt billed me yet :p but thats only because I know someone, maybe it would be a good idea to get the plastic part and/or key part and take it too a good mechanic as someone said and get it done a lot cheaper than holden :)

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
i just picked up a two button remote head and blank key tbar stalk for $26 inc postage on ebay (genuine holden vaccume sealed package) and my local holden dealer is going to program the head for $20 havent got back on a price to recut the T bar

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
Have a read of this dont know if it will help or not something to think about

Attachments

• service tips gm.pdf
    323.1 KB · Views: 910

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if only aussie cars used any of those systems it would be useful, even so its handy info to have

Rob

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
My brain is hurting I was just sitting here thinking about my mate with no running commi cos he lost his keys and had his alarm activated when he did and his new key only unlocks the doors wont turn the alarm off.And our local holden shop dont have tech 2 so I was checking out efilive v4 loaded the gmhvs6 datastream.Then I went to edit vehicle datastream and found a macro titled ($0D) security access mode so I was reading earlier that a locksmith with the tech 2 pluged it in went to some setting on the tech 2 then pushed the remote buttons and it was done maybe you can do it with this security access mode there was also a macro titled modify memory and download and execute.What do you think doctor bob.It was bugging me so much I had to get back out of bed and post it or I wasnt gonna sleep if only it works ive got no max232 interface and my evaluation is about to end probably b4 I get one to try .My mate will be stoked if he gets the trusty old commi going again without having to trailer it a couple of hundred km's to the dealer hes thinking of forking out hundreds for a tech2 just to get it going.

also found this site with a tech2 laptop interface and software for $149 AUD
www.mydaddyfixes.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=39

Is this the same as the handheld tech2 just using a laptop instead or just maybe a max232 circuit in a flash box with someone elses software not holdens actual tech 2 software sounds to cheap to me to be the proper tech2 software since that price is far less than a handheld tech2.

Sorry if my post is hard to understand i have maxed out my brains on board and virtual memory time to reboot back to bed.
fingers crossed.:thumbsup: