Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project 12 second daily vt berlina

vtchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
series1 99 vt wagon
If you're sticking with a stock engine then weight reduction will be important.

Some good shocks in the rear and get some of those 4 point camber/toe rear bush kits to help keep those tyres maintain a decent contact patch when the bitch squats hard under load when you're trying to leave the hole. A better option may be to find a rear subframe from a VY or VZ Commodore as they have much better rear end geometry and the extra toe links which will help to put the power down better.
Thank you for your help
I am thinking of doing a sub frame change
To a vz one
Im going to have king spring lows in it witg kyb shorten shockers you think that will be ok and ill be running 245 15inch et street radials as well
Whats you thoughts

D

devilly

I have to say those rims really do match your car :) Looks great :) Chrome handles would really set it off, I go pedders springs as they twice as thick as king springs. And from my understanding those clip on kits can un clip and be run over easily so make sure you fasten them on really good. Keep up the good work still can't get over how nice those rims look on it.

vtchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
series1 99 vt wagon
I have to say those rims really do match your car :) Looks great :) Chrome handles would really set it off, I go pedders springs as they twice as thick as king springs. And from my understanding those clip on kits can un clip and be run over easily so make sure you fasten them on really good. Keep up the good work still can't get over how nice those rims look on it.
Thank mate yea i didnt think it look as go as it does
Yea i will be making shore its on there good ill use the factory screws and clips as well as sikaflex i dont thing it will go any where

Ill have a look at the springs
Only reason i use kings is cause i get them quite cheap as i have a real good contact that works at kings
But thank you

D

devilly

You'll be right with using sikaflex, good stuff that :) Keep up the good work, cant wait to see what you do next :)

D

devilly

I've seen one of your cars in real life and they look better then in the pics :) Your doing a good job keep it up :)