Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project car Wb ute with VR 5.0l Won't Start

michael smith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equip
Hi everyone I have done efi conversions before without problems. Vk 6 EFI it HQ ute, a couple of mazda's both NA and turbo but my brother inlaw asked me to do his EFI VR 5.0L swap.. The problem is it won't fire. VR engine VN harness VN 1277808 ECU V8 Memcal(auto) the Ignition module works the Memcal is OK the wiring going from the Dizzy to the ignition module is OK(tested in working VP
) I tested the the hall sensor on my test bench and it is ok. The Computer has no codes set using a after market ECU tester. When we crank it it shows no rpm and therfore NO SPARK :cry: I have the PRND21 switch lead grounded and it shows on the tester. I have wired the EFI harness via it own fuse and new relays. The Pumps all run and then stop as they should when the key is turned on the Coil has +12Volts. All the 12v connections are OK on the ECU both the fulltime ones and the ign one. I tested the Pin B5 which is the timing reference signal and with the ignition on it shows 4.7 Volts with the ECU plugged in. When cranking it shows about 0.3 Volts. This should be all I need is there any catches :hit: and did I say it is really getting under my skin!!! :supersad:

Can anyone offer advice?? Besides 20L of 98 and a box of matches...

Michael Smith

michael smith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equip
:whistling bloody different plug on the dizzy it looks like it is plugged in but it isn't....nothing a good set of side cutters can't fix . :b:

Michael Smith

michael smith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equip
A new plug fixed it sounds tuff too.. Can't wait to see it on the strip. The last car done 13.2 @ 102 not bad for a NA 202. I wonder what the bent 8 will do?

:yeah: :driving:

Michael Smith