Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Daily Driver

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
Ok this is the car im getting i paid $500 of it yesterday and next week when i pick it up im paying another $500 i needed to buy a diff, ignition module and a battery which is now all done but it will still need a exhaust that finishes at the end of the car and a stereo system.

now i haven't looked at all the details yet but i know some stuff about it and does anyone know if this is a special model because ive been told by the owner that it is because i havent seen any vls this colour

VL Commodore SL
RB30, Auto
Exhaust that finishes just behind the diff
Holden mags (not sure exactly)
Gold colour with a red pinstripe

now here are the pics

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok well ive now got the car and have serviced it, got 4 new tyres and today picked up a 2 1/2 inch catback and will be installing it tomorrow and i think it should be on the road registered and insured in 2 weeks time

Attachments

• DSC00095.jpg
    DSC00095.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00098.jpg
    DSC00098.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00099.jpg
    DSC00099.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 271

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
i dont understand why people go hacking massive holes in the parcel shelf

not only is it dangerous, its very $$$ to fix when it comes to getting a rwc or clearing a defect

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
i dont understand why people go hacking massive holes in the parcel shelf

not only is it dangerous, its very $$$ to fix when it comes to getting a rwc or clearing a defect

because thats not the parcel shelf its mdf amazing how u can cut n shape that stuff aye

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
well it was like that when i got the car but all i will do is put a speaker in it and the keep a towel or something over it and i installed the 2 1/2 lukey performance exhaust today and im happy with it for now

Attachments

• DSC00104.jpg
    DSC00104.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC00105.jpg
    DSC00105.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 304

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
well i quick update

im quite angry atm and will be getting the vl raised back to original suspension because the exhaust is scrapping when i go over some speed bumps and when i asked my mechanic (i work for a small car rental place and the mechanic there is the one who services my car and his mate is the one i bought the car off and he is a good bloke) i asked him why its so low because it looked lower than a few other lowered vls and he then told me that his mate lowered it by CHOPPING THE SPRINGS and i was amazed when he that because ive heard that you dont do that to lower your car but i dont know why its so bad

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Man i thought fark that looks **** house when i was looking at the first pics lol. But the second lot of pics look way better:thumbsup: Yeah that hole in the parcel shelf, i'd be getting it fixed, i've heard (don't quote me) that it can void any insurance claims ect in an accident?? I cut mine up in the VP when i first got it, now i'm kicking myself !!

Otherwise looks alright for $1000:thumbsup:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
1000569.jpg

That certainly looks like a big hole under the MDF to me. I think you are going to have a bit of trouble getting this on the road
If it has mods like cut springs and dumped exhaust, and needs a new diff I'd be very worried about the serious problems you will probably be facing in the near future