Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Minotaur-VP

zagor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
My first project is a VP v6 sedan. Its a family car that everybody borrows when their cars break down. its taken a few knocks so the body has few small dents and scratches. I will do all the paint and body work by myself. Down the track if money is available maybe even add a turbo or something. Since its a project I want to do as much work by myself as possible.
My plans are two tone paint job with an airbrushed bonnet.
I will add pictures as I go along. Unfortunately I havent got space to keep the project car at my place yet, so will have to wait few more weeks before I can start.
Other mods:
-Debadging
-Roof lining needs to fixed (this will be possible thanks to an excellent article found on this forum)
-Indicator holders as seen on VZ SS.
-Maybe even mould a bonnet bulge.

The reason to this project is I want to break into airbrushing and this would be a perfect car for practice.

zagor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
Just playing around with photoshop trying different designs with different colours.
So far 1st design

Attachments

• VP design3 copy.jpg
    VP design3 copy.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 331
  • VP design3a copy.jpg
    VP design3a copy.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 309
  • VP design3b copy.jpg
    VP design3b copy.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 303

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
not sure on the two tone but if so 3ftw

jaywa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge ram 5.9V8, 03 VW Bora, VS 5.0L
Yeah a real deep purple. I always wanted to do something like that

zagor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
I had the car for few days and unfortunately my parents had an accident in their car, so they are using the old vp at the moment. Im just gathering ideas, Im thinking of machining something similar to a VZ side indicator holder. I have access to CNC machines and programs, but will use an existing VE indicator

zagor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
This is what I had in mind for my bonnet. this is just a mock up some areas are not finished and i didnt bother finishing lower right part, just playing around with colours. Its airbrushed on a piece of plaster board. Sorry the picture quality is low

Attachments

• minotaur1.jpg
    minotaur1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 272
  • minotaur2.jpg
    minotaur2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 265