Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Project Monaro"

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
215k km on the car, 6 figure price

Yeah nah

A 2 minute google search shows alot of nice Monaro's for alot less

There is nothing special about it, apart from being used in a dodgy promotion
Well it is like a new car. Not too many Monaros having had a ground up build and chock full of one of a kind touches and genuine custom made parts.
The tiny AC Delco logo that illuminates on the dash cluster was one part I liked.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Reimaged by Holden & ACDelco using new/rebuilt driveline but they didn't apply to reset the odometer? So it’s still shows 215,716kms!

As a vehicle manufacturer, thats slack… considering lots of ”honest” citizens wind them back a little :p And as a 215k kms vehicle, will Holden deny warranty cause the service schedule is a dud :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was certain they reset the odometer as well.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I went back through the 5 or so episodes and could not find the reference to them zeroing the odometer. Yet I easily recall them doing it and showing a framed video of the odometer at zero.
The Mandela Effect. In this case I assume one other had the same recollection.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Not allowed to as the km's are on the chassis
Back in my younger days, you used to be able to get permission to reset the odometer but it was an involved process.

So did a quick Google search on the subject but couldn’t get any clarity whether such is still allowed these days. I’d expect because of the nanny state that down under has become, such isn’t possible any more… but manufactureres are a special breed unto themselves and can do stuff we normals can’t (should they choose)…

Oh well… guess I won’t buy a 215k kms coupe in that case :p:p:p And that is sarcasm if it’s not clear… I’d never buy such as I don’t think it’s worth it and for that money I’d get much more enjoyment in building my own tribute to the couple :cool: