Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project RejuVeNate~ Front passenger seat changed to drivers seat?

Budmulla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Hi all, first post here, have been reading lots of great info on these forums for the past week or so and thought i would join up today.
I recently brought a VN Series 2 for parts for my Series 1 which had a collision with a Calf nearly two years ago.
It has been sitting at the smash repair place until i got the VNS2 a couple of weeks ago.
I have started on a total go over of the car, and have so far have replaced the damaged right guard, bonnet and bumper and swapped the rear bumper and started bogging and airbrushing out some stone chips and little dents and replacing the pinstripes.s
Its an bog stock original looking White Executive ... but i like it!

Now im trying to sort out the seats, both cars have the same trim but unfortunately both have ripped sides on the backrest of the drivers seat. The passenger seat of the parts car is in good nick so i am wondering if i can somehow use it for the drivers seat in the good car.
Is it possible to change the runners and seat adjust stuff around?
Or perhaps use the back part of one with the base of the other?

At worst i was looking at trying to pull the covering off one to transfer over bit it could be a big hassle.

Any insights before i go pulling out stuff?

Cheers~

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
u could only use the foams. which then u would have to get retrimed.
i did this to a 300zx and you will find the lumber.hieght and so forth will be on the wrong side.

Budmulla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Hi i had a look today and theres no lumber support on either seat, both backs look exactly the same.