Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Super Kart

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
:eek:You guys are going to have so much fun, a family friend done a similar project 2 years ago but he used a dirt speedway setup kart thing to begin with and he used a 94 i think gsx-r 600cc motor. It was a tad dodgy used standard brakes and the shifter nailled ya left knee when you hit a big arse bump. I had a go and thought i was gonna die lol.:eek:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
This is going to be mental, but I dont think it will be as much fun as your hoping.
My mate has a buggy with a Ninja 750 engine, it was fun for the first hour, and even hes sick of it now. On 400acres there just isnt enough room to use the engine to its potential, and to sensitive to drive around normally. I was following him in the landcruiser and we were sitting on about 140km/h, and he was only crusing in 4th, out of a 6speed gearbox lol.
In the buggy he has problems with wheelspin(duh), it wanting to raise the front wheels, also to much gas and theres not enough at the front to grip and turn, a go kart is just going to be insane and next to unuseable unless its geared right down.
Either way though pics and vids of it :p

mws

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
that go kart i drove was like that i never got higher than 3rd when actually into it. Oh yeah and with the wieght all the rear THEY DO NOT TURN lol. thats the bit that scared me

Jaybeef

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Thats crazy, but with that kinda power you will need a huge track.
Would be a beast in the straights.