Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Super Kart

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
A friend of mine and I have started a new project that should turn out to be a lot of fun. Though it not strictly mine im doing some work on it and helping rebuild the motor and some other bits and bobs and then get to have fun in it.
But anyway What We got is a Go kart race frame (marenelli???) and and a 88 kawasaki 750cc road bike and we're pretty much joining the two things together hopefully itll work out nice and dandy and we'll have one bloody quick go kart.

Plans at this stage is putting motor back together including reco'ing the head and redoing the shims (which im doing )
Lengthing the frame abotu 6 inches to fit motor
Mounting the bottom end in the frame and fitting the new rear axle and and bigger bearings
Then we'll work on hooking up the paddle shift setup he has planned and all other things like brakes and crap .
Best thing about this is someone has already started this project and the shaft driven bike has been converted to chain drive which will make it alot easier for us.
Other plans include some front headlights consisting of leds and a rear brake light also possibly a hectic race wing cut down to suit.
custom headers and exhaust system and custom intake setup for the quad carbies

Also as seen in pictures we toyed with another engine that looks like it would fit nicely but have decided the bike motor would be more enjoyable
Certainly shoudl make a good drift Kart

Attachments

• Photo0261.jpg
    Photo0261.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 5,679
  • Photo0265.jpg
    Photo0265.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 863
  • Photo0266.jpg
    Photo0266.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,567
  • Photo0268.jpg
    Photo0268.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5,259
  • Photo0264.jpg
    Photo0264.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 4,656

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
ooooooh this is gunna hammer!

what tyres are yoouu, gunna run ?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
we got abotu 12 tyres with the kart but by looking at them theyre not going to last 2 minutes :p

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
we got abotu 12 tyres with the kart but by looking at them theyre not going to last 2 minutes :p

:L yeah i got a few sets in the shed aswell to go with mine

whats the chassis number on the kart ?
(should be on the front near the bumper)

thanks mate

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
That looks suspiciously like a turbo.... :unsure:

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
are u goin 2 hook that turbo up2 the engine aswell? a lil dosing action in something 40mm off the ground? lol i no its scarey goin 70km/h in one of those things but im sure this thing will be able to do prob twice and a bit more than this and im pretty certain that y guys will need 2 wear nappies lol

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
:L yeah i got a few sets in the shed aswell to go with mine

whats the chassis number on the kart ?
(should be on the front near the bumper)

thanks mate
ill have a look next week or on the weekend
That looks suspiciously like a turbo.... :unsure:

LOl that turbo is on whats called a jet engine in fact that whole engine in the picture is a jet latteral thrust engine should push out 100hp or so not sure what sort of thrust itll have but its really only good for going in a straight line. and that turbo is massive came off a truck. Jet engine is going in a lawn mower:p
But yeah we'll be sticking with the kawasaki motor in the background of some pics
are u goin 2 hook that turbo up2 the engine aswell? a lil dosing action in something 40mm off the ground? lol i no its scarey goin 70km/h in one of those things but im sure this thing will be able to do prob twice and a bit more than this and im pretty certain that y guys will need 2 wear nappies lol

its possible that maybe later it might get turbo'd but we think its going to fast enough in N/A form. Depending on gearing its possible i suppose to get 200kph out of it but i think the accelleration is where this thing is going to wild especially with 5 gears.

I reall ywant to take it to calder park and have some fun at the drags I think a 12 or 13 sec pass might be possible

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Some more pictures little more has been done. Paddle shift is made and we have lengthened the frame a fair bit around 400mm

Attachments

• Photo0270.jpg
    Photo0270.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,465
  • Photo0271.jpg
    Photo0271.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,581
  • Photo0272.jpg
    Photo0272.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,098

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Had a good look at the head today at work its pretty rooted exhaust valves guides are worn to **** so liners looks like the go. some fair wear on the inlet valve face. So they'll probably need refacing so bit of work needing doen to it.
Some other plans we are including is a roll bar and some braces running down to the back of the frame.
Atm the rear "swaybar" has been removed and 2 sections of rhs have been welded in to help support the engine.
We will also be hooking up custom front brakes using the motorcycle hydraulic caliper and will also have one hydraulic rear caliper