Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project VEE EL

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
VL Berlina 5speed said:
nah mine is fine, not a prob' only thing that is a prob is the trip, might take my dash apart again for the 4 time so far and place a s/hand trip clock in (and wind the odomotoer to what my dash has on it ),

just went to u pull it 2day and got my self some front struts with adjustable nolathane tops, 30 bucks the pair, the shockers are fekd but i wanted the nolathane tops, also got a new CAS plug cable so tommorow im going to be soldering that into my loom and cleaning it up

Sean a little warning about those Nolathane bearing plates, they are the best but it Will raise the front 25mm..
It's not a problem you just have to allow for it when putting them in and what height springs you've got or what 1s you put in while it's all apart..:thumbsup:

Nice ride too!!!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
geez long time since this has been up the top,

yah well money is the big problem, only 4 weeks to i finish school then i can work full time :w00t:

in the rear i currntly i have king spring lows and stock in the front, ive got the front low king springs in the shed,
but if im to be getting the 18" for my birthday then ill have to change my springs to a lower set like ultra or something to get the right stance,

might do a photoshop one day when i can be bothered of the 18" HBD J' series rims on my car

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
geez long time since this has been up the top,

yah well money is the big problem, only 4 weeks to i finish school then i can work full time :w00t:

in the rear i currntly i have king spring lows and stock in the front, ive got the front low king springs in the shed,
but if im to be getting the 18" for my birthday then ill have to change my springs to a lower set like ultra or something to get the right stance,

might do a photoshop one day when i can be bothered of the 18" HBD J' series rims on my car

And there's no problem with money, it's just the lack of it...:D

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well may as well give a little up date on whats been happening with my car,
nothing difrebnt has change just getting it to run fine and little things that will need doing soon.
-my front wheel bearings are stuffed so got to change them soon,
-i think i might have a pin hole leak in my lower radiator pipe but cant be sure as i am lossing a little bit of water in the overflow every few days,
-good news, i scored some paint for free, it is PPG Astroid Silver (metalic, the calais bottom colour) so one day ill be spraying the bottom half of the car,

i have also found a decent package of mags avalible, they are HBD j' series 18x8 rims for $1350 new with tyres, fitted/balenced, new nuts and lock nuts.
i told my perants that i wanted 18s for my 18th birthday ages ago and recntly found these, my has hinted at the idea of getting them but hasnt said a certain yes yet, so looks like i will have to november to find out

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
71_2.JPG

^^^^ these are the 18x8 J' series rims i am talking about,
soon i will photoshop them on to a picture of my car to get a idea of them,
i still like the VY SS rims alot but these have grow on me.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
ive got to install it on this computer, ill do it 2nite

now i have a new ride in the building progress, its allmost done so i give u a quick run down on the details

Car: HBD (Hooley By Design)
Series: 1
Model: Boy Racer
Year: 2006

Colour: Raw Metal ATM, soon to be powder coated Black
Bodykit: WTF, my be cardboard later
Engine Type: looking at Robin EY20, 183cc, 3.5 hp
Engine Mods: got to get one in first
Power: gravity, until motor gets in
Brakes: none in the plans but proberly will adapt some mountian bike discs or a wooden stick with a nail
Suspension: none
Wheels/Tyres: will get the exact size of the soon
Interior: Black school chair seat
sound system: ROLF, yer right
Other Mods: custom retracterble steering wheel, lowerd using 'Z' in frame
Build Period: start of school this year to present (got 3 weeks to finish it)
Cost: -
Future Mods: motor, brakes
Thank's to: well pritty much my self, building it by myself

Attachments

• Picture 499.jpg
    Picture 499.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Picture 494.jpg
    Picture 494.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 293