Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project VEE EL

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
"Project VEE EL" Starts from page 5 on.
Well as of the 26th of February 2007 this car will become my project.

It will be coming off the road for a full respray with all rust cut out and possibly a engine conversion. i have done some little things here and there over the past year and a bit of owning this car and now i am going to project it.​

Spec's before the build and what has already been done.

Name: Sean

Car: Holden
Series: VL Commodore
Model: Berlina
Year: March 1987
Colour: Alpine white (1J052 - Solid White)
Engine Type: RB30E 3L inline 6,

Bodykit: Stock
Engine Mods: - 8mm high tension leads, removal of mesh on AFM, K&N filter, Custom cold air intake and Custom Intake Pipe (Throttle to AFM)
Power: Guess 105rwkw or there about. enuff for the time being
Exhaust: Extractors, high Flow cat, 2.25" catback system, straight though no rear muffler
Gearbox: R32 skyline 5 speed, rebuilt
Diff: Stock, 3:45
Brakes: Stock, Drums on rear
Suspension:
Rear - low king springs with monroe sensortrac shockers,
Front - low king springs with Gabriel Gas Ryder Strut inserts and nolerthane adjustable strut tops
Wheels/Tyres:
Rims: HBD (Holden By Design) J Series 18x8",
Rubber: Wanli tyres, 235/40ZR18 Fortuna Sport F2000

Sound system:
H/U - VDO mp3 player
Front Speakers - factory 4"
Rear Speakers - Kenwood 250watt 3-way 6x9's
Amplifer - dominator 2ch 400watt
Sub - Pionner 12" 800watt sub in box,

Interior: Stock with custom cluster background and surrond switches diffrent colour, Blue LED's in the air vents, Boss kit with steering wheel
Other Mods:Minor boot install, Air freshner tree :D
Build Period: ongoing
Cost: - who care's, seriously
Future Mods:
Hoping by the end of the year (2006):
- 18'" vy ss rims, DONE, but HBD J' Series 18x8"
- Fitting of the vt brakes,
- Fitting of rear disc,
- Lower the front, DONE
- 35% tint, all round

Eventually:
- Full Respray, door jams, engine bay etc.
- 304i v8 with 5 speed manual

Thank's to: U pull it lonsdale, helped me get many parts i need and cheaply and keeped me amused for hours on end :p,
Dave at Southern Auto Care in Shiedow park, did the engine and box swap for me for a top price as well as suspension,
and me old man for helping me when i got me self into sh*t while trying to fix something.

in the recent weeks i have been looking for a daily so that i am able to take the berlina of the road, i had a white vl calais possibly lined up but a hick-up accoured and i wasnt able to by it of the people as the missues didnt want to let it go.
a work collegee offered me a white vl exec a few weeks back for 900 bucks nothing wrong with it except a leaking exhaust manifold (easy fix).
today he said i can have it for 600, i reckon im going to take his offer up as its very clean just needs the manifold fixed. so going for a little drive saturday or sunday just to check it over. so i have a daily now:w00t:

my perants have said im alowed to use the car port to do my work in and get the car done. so with that i am happy as, that was a big thing possibly stopping me but with the ok cleared im stoked now.

going to keep the car a berlina look, dark lights on the rear with the factory front nose cone, dont get me wrong i love the calais front but its just to expensive and i dont like it when there poped up.
so im staying stock with the nose cone.

the list goes as follows,
  • cut all rust out (front and rear windows as well as boot rubber lip)
  • respray complete car except engine bay ( that will get done when i take the engine out further down the track for the swap)
  • fitting and rebuild of a disc rear end (with slotted disc possibly drilled to)
  • fitting of my vt front brakes (with slotted disc possibly drilled to)
  • tint windows
  • little things aswell, like chrome handles and litle bits here and there
then it will be saving for the engine and trans conversion.

colour i am looking at is impulse blue (single tone not over silver) with a perl in it of either vilot or blue

the last crusie will be the Peter Brock crusie in the berlina then it will be retired off the road for a little while. i will be snapping up some pics before i start so i can compair it once its done while also getting pics as im working on it.
i will try and keep updating this page atleast once week as most night after work ill be straight at the car working on it till i sleep.

anyone opinions, questions or ideas, dont be scared to share. im all ears (well eyes:p )

Sean.

Video

Engine shooting flames, no exhaust
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8r7zqNY8dtg&feature=channel_page

Mid 2006

Mid 2007

Late 2007/Start 2008

Mid 2008

.....More Pictures are in post 5 below.....

Last edited:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
coz my camera is crapy it looks like its poorly light in some spots, but trust me it isnt and looks nuts in person'
the to pics of the dash up close are very bad quality, it wont show up the rev tachO which is the blue circle next to the lion and the other one is the speedO which is faintly visable but dulls out in parts

Attachments

• Picture 084.jpg
    Picture 084.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 646
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 629
  • Picture 047.jpg
    Picture 047.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 681

fu2

The Man With No Name
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina II - GU Patrol CRD
looks alright for a vl..........................

lol nah mate always clean example of a vl, and it has mags on the front and back!!! :eek:

lol.. be good to see it on the cruise again