Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project VH

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys i have decided to finally get to showing you lot the project i have been doing for the past two and a bit years. A 1981 Holden VH Commodore, Rhone green in color hosting a Series one VN V6 engine, automatic gearbox, complete VN series one loom, VS Berline front and back seats and a few other bits and pieces from VN to VX.
My original plan was to bang in a VS/T Super charged V6 and box and do a complete dash change over to a VT/X style but due to not enough funds at the time went with the S1 V6. So far it would have to be about 90-95% finished with just some wiring to do, checking everything over then fingers crossed conect the battery to the starter and turn the key and fire her up, then all going good off to the Engineer to get the report to make the conversion leagal then to re register her.
Other mods i have done to her is removed the full VH loom to replace with VN to make it easier to plug the other stuff in, moved the battery to the boot to tidy up the bay (was also going to hide to wiring but got lazy there lol), instaled the VN radiator and fan, VN V6 complate front end shocks and all, VN steering column with ignition barrel and a sports wheel.
I also installed a VR/S beside the drivers seat pull release for the fuel door, VR/S front door map pockets and moved the original front ones to the back doors. I am in the process of tracking down a good conditioned VK dash cluster surround plastic to cut and add to the VN dash cluster i will be using as i have seen a full working one done by VK3800 if you know him, ill try to add pics as long as i can work out how to do it. Will let you guys know how its going once i have done more cheers

Attachments

• 8637.jpg
    8637.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 8638.jpg
    8638.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 361
  • P3300059.jpg
    P3300059.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 321
  • P4200288.jpg
    P4200288.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Photo0666.jpg
    Photo0666.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 304
  • P2210077.jpg
    P2210077.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 321
  • Photo0687.jpg
    Photo0687.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Cool a clean vh, does vh goes alrite?

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Yeah thanks guys i think ive done a great job so far doing much of the work myself on a very tight budget and i mean a very tight budget. The engine has not been started since i bought it from a work mate but hoping it should be ok if not it can be a big reason to pull it out and hide the wires and really clean the bay up like i want to do at some time so time will tell i guess.
Found a tread on here the other day saying about a guys VP who had put a VR/S headlight switch in it much the same as i have i.e. VH has VN full loom with VR/S head light switch and the problem i had was to mate these two up correctly as i was getting the lights all working but the low beam stays on weather the switch is on or off, so i hape this tread with a diagram i found works that one out.
Anyway time to go check back at a later date cheers guys.

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys got out there today and had a fiddle with the VH, wired up the starter and some other bits, checked everything and put a few litres of fuel in her and for the first time turned the key to fire her up........... Result was just a whole lot of cranking, seems that it could be a bad fuel pump or maybe a power problem to it?
Seems to be no fuel pumping out of the tank and cant hear the pump running when the key turned to on, but also cant seem to find any power at the pump via the two plug (sender wires and the pump wires).
Would anyone know when and what wires of the four down there should have power to them, i was told i could just rig the pump up to the battery on a length of wire to test it but not totally sure what wire would need the power any ideas cheers.