Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project VH

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey guys would any one know about these two plugs?
Photo1626.jpg

the nine pin/wire plug up the back above the computer with the blue wire this one is on the engine loom and this plug belowthat comes from the dash harness.
Photo1619.jpg

Photo1613.jpg

I have a VH commodore and im putting a series one VN V6 into her, i have replaced the whole VH loom with the VN's loom and i have gotten to the stage where i want to start her up but i get nothing better than the engine cranking over and over.
I have checked the fuel pump and dont seem to find any power at the pump with the test light nor if i pull the hose that supplys the motor then crank i get nothing out of the tank. I have read in another forum that i think its these two need to be joined to get the motor to fire any one with any ideas cheers

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
They plug together from what I can make of it, assuming it is the same as a VC. I assume you have the extra harness that splices into the original VH harness?

weston

Holden VH V6 Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
No i dont have any of the vh loom left , the only bit is a few inches from the heater controls thats it the rest is all VN but i think your right in that they join

budwizer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
hey man the smaller of the two plugs is the diagnostic link plug for the ecu, so you won't need to connect it to anything.

the bigger one is what connects to the upper dash loom.
Brown/yellow wire goes to the speedo
grey/red goes to the auto
grey is the inhibitor switch on the shifter assembly
pink black #1 power for theft switch option
pink black #2 power to the diagnostic switch
brown white #1
brown white #2
light blue goes to the auto
yellow black goes to the trip computer for level 3 clusters (which i don't think u have)

ill get back to you about the 2 brown white wires, above was from memory. (pretty sure one of the is engine warning lamp.. ?)

you will have to connect the following wires
blue (if auto)
grey/red (if auto)
grey to earth (or to shifter if auto)
pink/black both to +12v
brown/yellow from speedo (don't need it to start it.. but will need it if u want it to run correctly when driving)