Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project

Static89

I Am Ironman.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Heya guys n gals, i have decided to try my hand at a car pc, i have a few problems,

1. I dont have a job, so its on a tight budget :p
that is all for now

i have decided, because i dont use my old xbox that i will modify that to be used as a full computer, EG, soft mod it to linux, upgrade hardrive and ram

once i have done that, im going to modify it further and add USB ports so i can use a keyboard and mouse. then im going to modify the Audio and video lead to suit a computer screen. any ideas would be appreciated, ill keep you updated.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
*high fives*

*walks of to the fridge for a drink*

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Sounds good, i got the sameidea with an xbox but for games.... lol but a cheapo laptop will do me :D

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
a decent carpc could be made of an eeepc, they original base model is 700mhz 512 mb ram, 4gb solid state disk stock. people are selling these in droves it seems cos of the cheap better models.
from what i know they sell touch screen kits for them on ebay, so if you're handy with fabrication and can extend the lcd screen connection you could put the 7" touchscreen in the dash and keep the pc and psu in the glovebox.

i've got a project in the works (not with an eee tho) , but i'll keep it under my hat til it kicks off.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll

cdtoaster

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
get a mini-itx board, it will be a lot smaller, i love the Zotac GeForce 9300-ITX WiFi