Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Projected release dates for VE II or VF??

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Projected release dates for VF??

A dealer told me that there might not be a VE series II and might have the VE series I run through to the release of the VF? Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
That would be this thread

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
My mistake... All I wanted to know is are they going to jump from VE series I to a VF? Or does anyone know for sure if a VE II will go ahead... The reason I ask is that a dealer told me that Holden has done away with using series II on its models and thats why there was no series II in the VZ range.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
I always thought it was odd that they didn't call the Christmas 05 update to the VZ a "Series 2". There were some fairly significant changes to the SS, and the HSV range - not sure if anything changed for the other models. If there has been a change in policy that would explain why they didn't use that title. You would think that they would announce this particular change in policy if true, though, because that would stop all the people who are specifically waiting for the Series 2 VE from waiting too long....

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
My mistake... All I wanted to know is are they going to jump from VE series I to a VF? Or does anyone know for sure if a VE II will go ahead... The reason I ask is that a dealer told me that Holden has done away with using series II on its models and thats why there was no series II in the VZ range.

There WILL be a series 2, whether its called a series 2 or not is another story.

The VN never actually had a series 2, but the 1991 models are all referred to as series 2 due to the changes, and 90 models as series 1.5

The 06 VZ will probably follow a similar future. And the VE may not have an official series 2 (though I believe it will), but there will be a second edition of some sort, with improvements and changes.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I always thought it was odd that they didn't call the Christmas 05 update to the VZ a "Series 2". There were some fairly significant changes to the SS, and the HSV range - not sure if anything changed for the other models. If there has been a change in policy that would explain why they didn't use that title. You would think that they would announce this particular change in policy if true, though, because that would stop all the people who are specifically waiting for the Series 2 VE from waiting too long....

I agree, I reckon the VE is going to have a silent Series II, like the VZ.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
There'll definately be changes, fixing minor/major issues and adding new features to continue to tempt buyers, but like has been said they might not widely publicize it, or maybe they'll start using model years to make the revisions (ie VE SS-V MY08)

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well yesterday when I was at the Sydney Motor show, I was speaking to a Holden rep that works at Holdens head office. He said that as far as he knows there is not going to be any more series II range in the commodores. He said that Holden believes that they dont need to do it anymore and will leave major improvements for different series i.e. VF. He did say that they could release an update VE about a year into production with slight modifications to transmission and engine. But he said that not to quote him on it as anything could happen, but very unlikely for a series II run.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
I still don't get why you would keep that fact a secret. Don't tell my wife, but I had sort of nearly decided to stop hassling her to let me get a VE ASAP, and was going to wait until the Series 2, just to see if anything came of the Direct Injection rumours. I am sure I am not the only one planning on waiting for the Series 2. If there is not going to be a Series 2, though, then I'll keep hassling to get one ASAP again. And I'm sure Holden would like me to not wait, they just need to tell me that is the case!