Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Projector headlight fogging up...?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
My L/H side headlight is getting bad condensation buildup on the inside of the glass.

I've had a good look around the outside of the light and i cant see any of the sealant missing and there are no chips or cracks in the glass itself...

What would cause this all of a sudden? I havent touched the lights since I put the HID kit in nearly a year ago. Plus its only the L/H side.

I've got a photo but wont be able to post it till i get home.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Here's the photo, its gotten worse since then basically the whole headlight now.

Its done this since monday.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,677

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
check the caps in the rear, something might have let go since you converted to hid

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's obviously related to the extremely wet conditions and high humidity on the Gold Coast at present. I'd agree with Andyman that moisture has entered through the rear of the assembly somewhere.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
check the caps in the rear, something might have let go since you converted to hid

It's obviously related to the extremely wet conditions and high humidity on the Gold Coast at present. I'd agree with Andyman that moisture has entered through the rear of the assembly somewhere.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, i'll take the headlight out this weekend and have a good looksy :)

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
my fogs have fogged up, i put a pin hole in the rubber grommet on the back so if they fog up it can evaporate back out, mine has a slight brake in the glass seal on the front.

id be lookin at the indicator side of the glass seal, reflection is good on the pic so cant really c that good, but i think there is a slight gap on the lens cover bottom side seal

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
on the back of the head light should be a rubber pipe about a inch long and bend 90 degrees

check this hasnt poped off as its ment to allow to allow moister in and out the head light
possibly this has fallen off allowing too much in or the big 'O' ring on the back cap might have split

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Found out what it was, the cap for the lowbeams had worked loose and wasnt locked..

lol easy fix, locked it and it hasnt done it since :)

cheers guys :thumbsup: