Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Promotions for Xmas SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
OK, a serious one....lol.

What about "hiding" little santas in your website, like hidden in certain pics of products etc......gets people looking through your site and its a Christmas theme. Then people just have to find maybe a certain amount that have something special on them (like a hat - the rest dont have a hat, etc).

Just an idea ;)

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I've already been thinking about offering gift vouchers up for grabs in a competition

Maybe a gift voucher?

:p

But make them really small, so theyre not easy to find......throw in a few "normal" santas to get their hopes up, until they look closer and realise its not a special one ;)

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I'm not into audio. Not that I'm not interested mind you, but because it's very hard to know where to start.... and how much money I need to spend. I guess the idea of a christmas promo is also to get you new business.... from my point of view if you want my cash going from my wallet into your cash register, you should make it as easy as possible for me to make the decision to do so :).

I've never looked at your website or anything, so I don't know exactly what services you offer, but for newbies to car audio like me (I've done research online so know a little theory) it's still very hard to know what speakers to get with what amp with what sub and how much it'll cost to install and the like.

Offer Christmas audio stockings... matched packs... different price points... something where someone like me (and in my opinion most new customers) find it easier to be able to pick. Walking into JB is nice and all, but when you look at the wall with all those speakers it's very hard to know where to start. Now, I've been reading some of your posts on this forum and you seem to know what you are talking about. This is what you can offer customers that JB can't. Believe me I've gone in there and it seems like the pimply faced teenager is just wanting to push the items that are easy for him to sell... and not what I'm actually looking for.

You are always going to get guys who suck you for info then potentially match price somewhere else. Offer a 'christmas special' of sorts where they have to commit to something before getting something. A discount to forum members or those that quote a certain code before a certain time, or get a freebie upgrade... a carrot so to speak to get them to commit. Afterall you arent working for free!

If it's a competition you want (and have the time to administer), then something like a guessing game- you know when you have those comps where you guess the number of jelly beans in a jar? Well you can do the same with car audio. Set up a new thread and everyone with x number of posts to their name gets ONE guess (to prevent regulars making new user names and multiple guessing). Then have existing car audio setups meassured for SPL (or whatever its called). Get the people to guess which audio setup has the highest SPL and the one with highest SQL, and then to make it really tricky which one they choose and it's exact SPL/SQL reading is to one decimal place (or the person closest to it). Previous installs on customer cars is a great way to showcase your work and products, doesnt cost you anything (other than what you choose to offer as a winning prize), and gets people discussing the choice of equipment for quality or loudness. Pick 3-5 previous installs or whatever and away we go trying to guess. (well maybe not me, but others!) Or have 2 groups of theoretical installs with like 10 in each( 10 spl 10 sql), getting people to pick the best setup on each and why. That way you get reviews/opinions on products that others (like me) can read and then potentially come see you to buy (at a 'christmas only' price to encourage the big spend).

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Thanks mate! I'm glad you actually appreciate what I do on here and I'm really liking your ideas. I will be adding those to my think tank!