Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Protocol of selling a car.

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Would a dealer normally have you sign transfer papers at pick up time? Or is it possible they can send them to vicroads without you signing them and have transfer mailed out to you?

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Or let me put it another way...

Would it be a strange thing to drive away with no rego sticker, it IS registered though..

and not having seen/signed transfer papers?

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Its supposed to be stamp duty paid as part of deal...and papers doming out from vic roads by mail...

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
I know here in tassie if you dont have rego sticker on then you cant drive it, unless you are going to get the sticker or a pitpass in order to get your rego. but just to take the car home or something would be a ticketable offence.
That said if you got the car yard to put what your last post said in writing and got them to sign it then if you did get pulled up just show em that. However i would not be driving it more than that until you get the sticker.

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
I should have mentioned im in victoria. But I imagine is pretty much the same here. Anyone else know?

Ill be following it up though today. They told me to come in and sign the transfer today, will go from there.

Pretty annoyed with myself for not noticing before i was halfway home.