Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PS return hose o ring

Commy_fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 1998
O ring for the return hose appears flat and is different from the high pressure hose. There is a collar on one side which should face against the aluminum collar. I am not sure the usual round one would fit. I want to replace the existing one but cannot find one on the market.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It should be round. It will have flattened out and hardened over time.

Commy_fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 1998
I thought there are different type of o ring in the PS system. I have seen the flattened ones in the pump kits. I think you maybe right as there is no reason for the return hose use different type of o ring from the high pressure one. Thanks for that.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
New rack has same green o-rings high and low.

It’s a good question though. I was going to post a similar post re: relating to sizing, type to use.

I have a couple of new seals with the rack, but need some for trans cooler and spares on the rack incase I ruin one.

Anyone know where best to get them? Any tips for measuring an o-ring? (OD, ID and thickness?)

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
New rack has same green o-rings high and low.

It’s a good question though. I was going to post a similar post re: relating to sizing, type to use.

I have a couple of new seals with the rack, but need some for trans cooler and spares on the rack incase I ruin one.

Anyone know where best to get them? Any tips for measuring an o-ring? (OD, ID and thickness?)

I have a kit of various size of “green” o’rings.
Purchased them on line.

Commy_fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 1998
Yeah, those are the hydrogenated material specifically for high pressure and high temperature environment such as power steering hose. I am not sure the 8mm size o ring would fit to the return hose which has a larger nut than the high pressure hose.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
You can still get them from 'Lions den'. $16 for a pair, $10 odd for postage. Look on Ebay.

Commy_fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 1998
Yes grey_hawk. That is the one I am looking at. As a matter of fact I have a brand new spare high pressure hose where the o ring I can give it a go at the return line. Once it fits well, I will make an order from them to make it up to the pressure hose.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
They're both the same size so should be ok on the return side, I bought a pair from them and can vouch for them fixing the leaks I had.

Commy_fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 1998
Many thanks grey_hawk. I have ordered from them this afternoon. I can replace the o rings on return line. I will replace the current high pressure hose with the new one from MaCay.