Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ps2 install

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
G'day guys,

I installed a PS2 to my kenwood deck yesterday - looks good, i've mounted the ps2 up behind the glove box n all... ran all the wires under the carpet and through a hole to the glove box where where the inverter is

I'm having a problem where the PS2 will turn on but the second i try to play a game or anything has to load, the inverter switches to protect mode.

I assume it has to do with the amount of power supplied, could it A) be my battery

or should i get a higher powered inverter (currently its a 150watt, next step is 300)

I wasn't sure if i should pump double the power into the ps2...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
need a bigger converter mate :p

Devils_Thunder

Riding high...
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Captiva.....
look on the ps2 or in the manual, there might be a sticker that tells you it's power consumption.

Also regarding- "or should i get a higher powered inverter (currently its a 150watt, next step is 300). I wasn't sure if i should pump double the power into the ps2..."
300w is the amount of power the inverter can supply, not how much power is being fed into the appliance.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I may be wrong, Electronics was never my strong side.

But Power(watts) = I (amps) times E (Volts)

PS2 (slimline) is 8.5 volts at 5.65 amps, which gives you 48.025watts.

It could also be your battery/alternator not supplying enough power but your battery in theory should go flat.