Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Psychopath vandalised my car

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
A lot of them look too deep to polish out.

You could try a touch up pen and real fine sand paper (like 2000?) fill in the scratches and sand carefully. That probably wont bring it back to 100% but it would be less noticeable.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
A lot of them look too deep to polish out.

You could try a touch up pen and real fine sand paper (like 2000?) fill in the scratches and sand carefully. That probably wont bring it back to 100% but it would be less noticeable.

I have a couple of small scratches on one door, am going to do the touch-up/sand down thing. I've done a couple before, and I think there may be a How-to on here somewhere, op.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for the tips. Would 600 sandpaper do? Its the finest available where I am. I'm also thinking of using some rubbing compound to blend in the touch up paint once its sanded down and level with the car's paint. Is that a good idea? What about using polishing compound to finish off the process? I've seen that on a couple of threads, but I'm not sure what the idea is behind that.

Moey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2009, VE SV6 2010
Have you had a quote to repair, might not be that bad if paying the Panel Shop by cash..

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Have you had a quote to repair, might not be that bad if paying the Panel Shop by cash..

I happened to pass once by these guys. ecowash mobile It just looked like any normal car wash to me, bit more upscale only. The site does state that they remove scratches, though if you look at No.11 in the FAQ, they refer to them as "feather-like" scratches... swirls or surface scratches I'm guessing?

I'm not all that sure, are you familiar with these guys? Do they know their stuff? I'll pass by them and get a quote to repair. There's no other place than this one in my part of Saudi Arabia. Guess I have nothing to lose if I try.

jezz736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series Commodore
Thanks for the tips. Would 600 sandpaper do? Its the finest available where I am. I'm also thinking of using some rubbing compound to blend in the touch up paint once its sanded down and level with the car's paint. Is that a good idea? What about using polishing compound to finish off the process? I've seen that on a couple of threads, but I'm not sure what the idea is behind that.

The idea behind polishing to finish the job (from what I've read) is to remove any marks left behind from the sandpaper. Don't know if hand polishing will do the job though, think u might need a Random Orbital polisher for this.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Im 99% sure 600 would be too rough for a smooth finish, best to check with someone that has experience or check the forums as I have seen some kind of tutorial on here also.

If you have any hardware shops or panel repair shops ect if they don't have any fine sand paper in stock I'm sure they could order it in for you.

Sucks that this happened to your car, any idea who did it?

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi guys! Just went over to EcoWash today and had one of their guys look at the big scratch. He had a quick go at it, tried to polish it out with a rotary machine and some polish, didn't work. Though he was able to git rid of some of the smaller ones. Charged me nothing. He told me to come back tomorrow morning when the place wouldn't be so crowded, said he'll inspect the entire car for scratches and try to do something about the big one.

Hoping for the best! I was highly doubtful of even finding anyone here who knew how to use a rotary machine haha! Will let you guys know how it goes.

Sucks that this happened to your car, any idea who did it?
Hi mate, yeah I've got a pretty good idea of who did it, some group of Saudi troublemakers in the neighbourhood. Doesn't really make a difference though. There's no such thing as sueing people or the national guard for getting my car vandalised, this system doesn't exist here.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Touch up paint will never blend and may end up looking worse.

Dont try sanding either if youre inexperienced as again it could end up worse.

Any scratches deep enough to be felt with your fingernail running over it pretty much require sandback and respray.