Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Puddi's '95 180SX SR20DET (~16psi)

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Looks quite tidy man.

I dont mind those stickers, but they will look better gone :p

16 PSI is a bit high haha!

Kinng

16psi is nothing to a properly tuned and build SR20

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
For god sake remove the shopping list!!
I can never remember with the T25G in the 180, is it steel or ceramic wheeled? Of the 180/Silvia and the skyline one has a ceramic wheel the other steel. If your's is ceramic I wouldn't be running 16psi with it.

S2 R33 (and some 34's) have a nylon compressor wheel. But yes, that shopping list has to go.

A turbo that small would be out of its efficiency range past then anyway.

If you end up having to change the turbo at some point, save yourself some hassle and buy some braided lines too. You'll save yourself a lot of swearing.

What kind of ECU are you running?

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6

Yeah, but this is just a bog standard SR20DET running standard turbo. Wouldn't 16 be high for it?

Kinng

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Nah when in doubt just smash the boost!

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Nice buy Frogsta.

My suggestions are similar to everyone elses.
- Paint the wheels a better colour
- Remove the shopping list.

One last thing though, I highly doubt this keeps up with VE GTS' s

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
He has already removed the stickers (check his old thread for the VS) and it looks heaps better :)

Looks good mate !, i <3 it

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
all sr turbo's have steel turbine wheels. 16 psi is a bit much for a t25 i wouldnt be suprised it turbo been changed they usually all have.

You get 16 out of a t28 easy and its good for about 200rwkw

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Holy crap guys calm down haha. Shopping list was gone when I posted this, I was gonna put it on straight away but I had to wait for the thread to post. Mesh in front of intercooler is gone as well. Previous owner said he didn't look into the mods done by first owner (I'm number 3) so I have no idea what ECU. It's tuned for 16psi but can actually hit 19 but I don't like to push it that hard as others said to be careful with the turbo (Which I was told was stock, but like I said would grab a T28 if it dies)
With the VE GTS it was N/A 6.2L but yeah not sure if he was trying, had a 307 badge on the back I think. If we went from standstill he woulda lost me from take off, I have yet to get the launch yet haha, hard to get a good point where I don't just spin the wheels. Funny story I thought that GTS was a cop at first as he flew past my mate and went up to me that night. Anyway more pics, I forgot to get one of the interior which is in top notch condition like the outside.

Before stickers and mesh removed

Stickers gone and mesh on the way out

Dat cooler

Garage of my mate's we did that stuff at, also installed H/U from my old VS

Side pic

Clean back end. Was considering aftermarket taillights with black background, thoughts?

Ordered manual boost controller today and thinking about a blow off valve. I don't know imports very well yet aha. Also paint these rims gloss black or get a different set? I like the green for JDM spec and just cruising and because green. Also have a new starter motor to go in as sometimes the car decides not to start, just clicks once

Oh and almost forgot, got it for 7.5k pretty good for such a clean one with decent boost

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Type X is the sexiest kit on those. Leave the tail lights alone :p If you get a blow off valve make sure it doesn't vent to atmosphere. Which boost controller did you go for? Need a proper airbox to. Pod = fail

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Clean back end. Was considering aftermarket taillights with black background, thoughts?

Don't, you've got Type X lights. Easily the best looking (they'd better be a $600 a set too).