Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Puddi's Mazda 6 MPS

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Also: Middle aircon vent is perfect size for a boost gauge....

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Exhaust one worked oddly enough. I would look at bracing as well. Eliminates all the usual issues they have.

Yeah it was a direct link to the image i found online, you mean like chassis bracing or struts/swaybars? Definitely investing in swaybars, will be done with diff mounts

Hey Frogsta,

still got the 180 or did that go too ?

i was actually looking into these recently but decided on something else, thinking about posting it up but not sure hwo much hate i'll get :p

the mazda 3 mps are actually faster than M5 Beamers from 80-120 :p they're pretty impressive.

also have seen with these the gearbox mount seems to flog out! so be careful of that.

Yeah, 180sx was gone a good 6 months ago, blew two engines. I had heard the 3MPS are quicker from 80-120 than a VE Clubby but that was about it

Who would take off from 4th gear @ 80km/h any real world situation, I'm so confused by those figures lol

Gearbox is actually really short, weird the figures say sports auto because MPS only come with 6sp manual gearbox. 1st goes to 60, 2nd to 100, not sure about 3rd+ but turbo runs out about 6k rpm so could possibly be 4th, woulda thought 3rd at 80 though. 6th at 100km/h sits at 2.5k rpm which is higher than I would like but then again hitting 10L/100km and haven't been driving like a grandma at all. Will have to see about a boost gauge in there stockies haha, though I've always prefered pillar or dash gauges

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
with dropbox links you have to put them in the public folder and copy the public link

i dont mind the mazda 3 or 6 they have some tang for what they are. like you say the gearbox is pretty short.
missus Mazda 3 runs at bout 3k at 110km/h but it doesnt feel over revving like a commo running at 3k

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
This is what I am talking about.

Mazda 6 MPS differential mounts

Or if you want to go completely overboard and know it's never going to have issues.

Engine Mounts & Differential Mounts

Yeah, they are eseentially what I was looking at, seen that page on ozmps before. Guy on Facebook added me as he deals with turbine tech and can do some deals for me and such

with dropbox links you have to put them in the public folder and copy the public link

i dont mind the mazda 3 or 6 they have some tang for what they are. like you say the gearbox is pretty short.
missus Mazda 3 runs at bout 3k at 110km/h but it doesnt feel over revving like a commo running at 3k

Ah fair enough, our Mazda 3 is Turbo Diesel, 6sp and sits at about 1.8k rpm at 100km/h pretty happy with the economy

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Double post see below

Last edited:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Removed all the baffle and resonator from the airbox, had a nice day out for the WA Japanese Car Community cruise last weekend. Happened to be a couple more MPSs there;

And replaced a couple things with LEDs, some before and afters

And I know they're chrome with whitewalls, but getting these rims delivered in a couple weeks, new tread too --

Likely going gloss black when money allows.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Haha rx8 rims like I said. 18x8 et50

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
you could always paint the rims green....