Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Puddi's Mazda 6 MPS

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Did some more AWDing... much better effort this time

Don't care for the paint... daily is just a daily

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Lots of stuff happening soon, Timing Chain being done, new tyres all around. Intake and BoV most likely, and getting the rear engine mount replaced, updates and pics soon to come

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
cant wait to see pics of ya new rear engine mount :hmmm:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
New parts and stuff

That mud is on the opposite side to the filter on the airbox

Mate's Evo - his 6MPS got written off, hence my parts. He works at Mazda and doing my Timing Chain next weekend.

Engine bay now, need to mount the pod though. Video soon of new induction and BoV sounds :) much much louder spool but only if I want it which is nice. I got a tune to suit the intake, made by Stratified Tuning and it's much much better than the Cobb off-the-shelf tune. Hitting 19psi on a cold night now

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Timing Chain and Tyres are done. Car pic because cleaned, one day it will be cut & polished

Got wheel gap much? Nice looking tyres and handle very well, heard lots of good things about them so figured I'd grab them. Uploading spool video to Youtube tonight, no more timing chain rattle on startup feels so good. Chain was quite slack inside, gap between the gear teeth and chain on the top of it. Went to a Paul Walker tribute cruise on Saturday night, huge turnout, lots of variety with the cars for sure.

My engine mounts are all on the way as well. Keen to take the car to the drags once they are in and see how a fairly stock MPS goes before suspension & exhaust mods

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Needs the eBay MPS bonnet hump stickers for maximum bossness.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
did you change the chain or just the tensioner??

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Needs the eBay MPS bonnet hump stickers for maximum bossness.

Aha, I'm not even sure if I like them :/ I want all black stealthy sleeper look as well. Like those side reflectors, tint them black. My headlights need restoration too but yeah.. although could troll (Like the 0-100 eventually sticker) with a boss 190kw sticker or something stupid. I do have a slight black/white theme with the stickers so who knows

did you change the chain or just the tensioner??

Changed both, I know the actuator can go as well. Got the parts for $480 instead of $700 and labour was $800 by my mate and his co-worker at Mazda :)