Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulled over by cops thread

Ghost79

Thats How We Roll!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 S1 Berlina
me being a p plater for m9 month have never been pulled over even with my stez ans the fact that i normaly have 1 p plate displayed, only cos my mum uses my car i usally forget the back p plate

5Litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series III ute 5.0M and VL Berlina Turbo Wagon
I bought this Hyundia Excell a while back that had had a smack up the rear but was still mechanically good. One morning I'm cruisin' to work,in pouring rain, when this idiot in a 4WD comes and sits right up on my bumper. About 2kms further on he's still there and now I got a cop up along side me in the right lane (of a dual carriage way). I see the flashing lights and think 'serves you right ********' thinking they're pulling the 4WD , but no , he wants me to stop.
"Do you know why I pulled you over?" he asks
"'Cos' I was driving too close to the car behind me?" my answer goes straight over his head. Anyway he defects the Hyundai , like I really give a F**k , because it might be unsafe.It wasn't unsafe , just dented, all the lights still worked etc. Anyway I was just pissed because it's a waste of our tax money paying these pricks to ignore an obvious dangerous driver ,the 4WD, and defect a car that I was gonna throw away in a few weeks ,when the rego ran out.

5Litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series III ute 5.0M and VL Berlina Turbo Wagon
Another quick story..
Over in Adelaide they have this poxy 'southern expressway' , big one way street. One saturday morning I'm driving home in my VL ,only car on the expressway, all three lanes to myself. I cruised at about 80kmh ( it's a 100kmh limit) all the way to the last overpass, had a quick look under the bridge , no cops , just a motorbike stopped halfway down the straight. Back too second ,bury the right foot , click into 3rd and ...
Hey wait , motorbike on the side of the road!?? . Hard on the brakes and pull up for the copper. He goes off his tits because he had me at over 180 but the gun doesn't lock in the speed until he releases the trigger and I was too quick on the brakes so he only had me for 114. Lucky escape!!!

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
hmmm yeh, i was driving up a bit of a hill that is kinda tempting to go fast, and there was this white motorbike sitting under a tree right off the road, anyway as i go past i realize he's facing a speed camera in my direction, i looked at the speedo which said 61 and it was a 60 zone, im pretty sure im alright but it wasnt expected, looked like he was having a picnic in the park :p

Holden_Chickie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Hey the only two times I have had a speeding ticket....I haven't been driving my car....

But there was this one time that I thought I got one, in my old VL when I was coming on to a freeway which is at 60km entry and I was doing 80km but to this day I have never seen a fine!!!!

commyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 V6
i have only been pulled over for rbt's leaving the city on the weekend but ive been in a car when a few funny things happened. One time my mate gets pulled over in his kingswood for rbt and the coper asks us how we're doin and all of us ar smashed off our faces (other than driver) and we all reply by saing we're fuked the cop just smiles and hands driver breath test and he goes do i suck or blow we pissed ouselves laughing.

Another time got pulled over in my mates 180 cause he was about to do a burnout but saw the cop car coming and insted of droping the clutch just brought it out real slow but still got a little bit of wheel spin. the cops pulled a u turn and pulled us over and asked if he did a burnout. He just replied saying i couldnt find the gear cause i got a short shift kit. the cops looked at his licence and just said be careful with these sorts of cars cause they are loud and attract attention.

another time was the most stupid thing i did. my mate borrowed his dads ute without a licence and picked me up and another mate and drove us to wello piont to go jetty jumping. but on the way we were just acting like dicks and taking shicanes on the way there the wrong way (going around the right side of them) and speeding probs 15 over limit. Pulled into car park and saw a cop car pull into the car park like 30 secs behind us. The driver who had no licence got out of the car before the cops pulled in next to us. So when i hoped out of the pasenger side and the cops asked who was driving i said i was cause i was the only one with a licence. They just looked at my licence and drove off. i was packing my pants so bad thinking we were gona get fuked over

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I got a few

When the V6 Adventra first come out we ordered one of the first ones. I was still a P plater in it. On the way to work early one morning, doing 50 in the residential 50 zone, this cop passes me. He turns around over double white lines and flashes me.

I pull over thinking, geez what have I done.

He gets out and quickly looks at the car. "Are you aware P platers are prohibited from driving V8's". Ok a) I wasnt because I got my licence before that rule come in b) I would be exempt as the only cars we deal with at work are either turbo charged, V8, or supercharged V8 and my response ... "yes, but this is a V6"

He looks "theres no badge, ususlly when theres no badge above the side indicator its someone trying to hide the engine". No, that was a Holden cheapskate way of saving a few bucks. We went through it, I popped the bonnet, he saw Alloytec 190, had a quick look around the engine bay like he had never seen one before, then told me to have a nice day :bang:

so I was late for work because he wanted a squizz at the new Alloytec 190 Adventra

Probably the best one was my mates work. He works at a club and was driving their courtesy bus, full of drunken yobbos, at 2 am. Its fully sign written, its obvious where its from and why its out at that time.

They got pulled in for an RBT!!! The cop asked my mate the driver if he has been drinking anything, his response was "under the RSA I cant be influenced by alcohol myself, but you'll find Ive got a bus load of 7 that are well and truley over the limit if you want to test them", meanwhile they were all shouting out to the cops (even out the windows) "test us ... give us a blow ... I dont think I'm over the limit!!! :yeah: "

I got pulled over last Christmas for an RBT in a new Range Rover Vogue supercharged V8 So new it had a trade plate on the back. Now that was fun, yet again, another coppa who just wanted a squizz. He spent more time looking in the cabin then focussing on the RBT thingy. Then once I had passed it he said "oh nice 4x4, I bet their nice to drive" I said "yeh, especially when their this new theyve only got 7km on the odometer and especially when your not paying for fuel for the thing!"

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
My brother got pulled over the other day 116 in a 110 zone... fair enough... and the cop says "any reason for your excess speed?" the first thing my brother says was "i was speeding", cop goes "what?" my bro says again "i was speeding" cop says "yeah, thats right" then gave him the weirdest look... haha very weird exchange, good bloke though told us all about the different speed cameras on his car and how they work...

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
Big Scare!

Well I got to tell you guys this story.

About 2 years ago I was driving between Rockhampton and Mackay on what’s called the Marlboro stretch returning home after visiting my brother in Toowoomba.

At that time I owned a VT 98 Clubby 5ltr anyway on with this story.

I had just hit the 110K zone heading north and I was following a Dark coloured XR8 sedan and when we hit the long starch after the few little hill this guy speeded up to 120k’s so I though ok cool a “wood duck” and speeded up as well with the though the cops would nab him first with the on coming radars if any were about.

After a few K’s the guy steps up to about 135k’s so I do to, this went on a few more times and here we both are sitting on close to 160k’s. I follow him for a good 20 minutes at this speed and just as we were approaching a service station on the side of the road I see cars pulled up ahead so I backed off as he did and on approaching the cars I see it a police check :cry: so I pulled in behind the XR8 and next minute the drivers side door open and out step a bloody cop puts his hat on want walks up to the other cops, NOW my heart is beating fast and I am breaking into a cold sweat thinking FARK! I am so done.:bang:

Two cops walk back and one was the XR8 guy and they ask me to see my license I show them and the XR8 cop leans in the window and says.

That road back that was nice and smooth wasn’t it and next he says it’s kinda hard to not jump a little over the 110 isn’t I had to say well yer, next he say well on your way and have a nice day.

As I drove off I check my jocks but all was clear there to.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
i got pulled over twice yesterday, both asking about my defect and my broken window. first cop was a chick she was chilled just asked to see my licence and defect permit and let me on my way, 2nd one was a bastard it was the cop that defected my the first time, went over my car again, talking to his partner telling him that my car was almost scraping on the road when he first pulled me over.. again just asked for my defect permit and licence, went back to his car and had a chat with his partner for a bit then sent me on my way.. really wanted to get me for something though :p