Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulley type on water pump matters?

sidespyder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
that looks almost identical to the one I got for my LS1 (in a VXII) a few years back. The one that came off and went on both had the dome look.

I would say your old one is aftermarket.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
As long as the belt lines up it will work.

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
id be checking the back of it for clearance of timing cover as ls1 ( which this looks like )will bolt up if the bolts are ground down/replaced with a flat head

sidespyder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
id be checking the back of it for clearance of timing cover as ls1 ( which this looks like )will bolt up if the bolts are ground down/replaced with a flat head

Yea the back looks like the picture in the holmart link, I think its OK.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
its an LS1 pump same as i have on Maloo, not L98 one i used on my VE SS, had flat pulley, you can do it the other way for clearance
https://malexmotorsports.com/produc...p-spacer-7-8-adapter-swap-kit-lsx-ls2-ls3-l98
there is also a difference in the pumps on later models, the top hose connection is on the other side of the pulley (it is concaved pulley the same)
just went through all this as i changed my pump only 2 months ago, was concerned with pulley position please keep us informed as i wanted a genuine but none were available in Aus and had to use aftermarket

Last edited:

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
yep, mod the same as in clip or use countersunk bolts. also the edelbrock pump will bolt up if you want something heavy duty

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
it drops down development costs, tooling etc if they only have to make 1 type thats multiuse rather than several different types.