Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulling to the left

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
My vt pulls to the left pretty badly, my mates vn ss doesnt do it, i get a saw hand after long trips from holding it straight!

Kall911

Run Baby Run,I'm Home!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Maloo R8
Hi People,
I never had this problem on my vt until i swapped wheels,from 16's to 17's with low profile tyres..I got them balanced etc but still pulls to the left slightly,so it's something very very minor i got to put up with.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
thats not always true mine pulls to the left always and ive had new tyres suspension checked 3 wheel alightments and balances and it still pull
any explination on the and neither tyre or suspension place know what it is or can rectify it.

Sorry i cant help you with your problem 'MikesVT' but i know how you feel cause i cop it all the time too

P.S i have a VX 'S' Manual.
If thats any help to someone helping me with my problem?

I got a VX S manual and same thing.. it pulls to the left...
Even after alignment and everything...

Reason:

Roads are not flat people!!! They are on a slight angle to allow water to flow off to one side, the outside...

It just seems that VX commodores are fairly sensative to this slant.

I've driven two VX's and both had a similar issue while in my dads Rodeo 4x4 it went dead straight...

Though in the VX's the steering is like a feather and the rodeo is abit tougher

Cheers

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just a note on tyre pressure...
Its really one of those overlooked safety things! Check it regularly!
with 17's n less like beek said check it every month atleast...
Though the bigger the rim the more often you should check the pressure as a variance in pressures will have a more dramatic effect on lower profile tyres...

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I have noticed on some roads its worse than others, and I do realise the roads are on a slight slant, but it also does it on a flat road, and even when the road is slanted to the right.

Also, not sure if it's related, but when i put my breaks on reasonably hard, something in the front end feels like its rubbing quite badly where it shouldnt be. Now im noticing it happening more and more, my front break pads/disks were fine only 2 months ago, and i havent been slamming my breaks on at all. Its also not the ABS, it feels kind of similar, but not? Sorry i cant really explain exactly.

At the last service i had something done to my front suspension (the quote didnt say what that was exactly), could both these problems be related to that? I've never actually experienced these things before, and being my first car n all, kinda like a first child :p, im just concerned

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Does it sorta feel like is like..hmmm.. how to explain it.... like the brake pads are grinding fine sand or sumfin??
I dunno, i know my front feels "grindy" when i break really hard but my mechanic said thats jst normal with some types of brake pads...

But about the pulling...
did this start after this "suspension service" or has it been on going since you got the car?
Have u gotten it properly aligned? front AND back?
The problem may lay in the back and not the front...
I dunno, keep us posted with developments mate..

Cheers

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Yeah thats pretty much how the breaks feel. It's kind of hard to explain, but i reckon from the description its probably the same thing.

As for the pulling, its been going on since I got the car, sometimes it worse than others, thats most likely got to do with road conditions though. I havent had them aligned yet, I was going to get some 18s fitted/aligned etc for 1500 but that fell through, so probably some time this week or next weekend i might get it done.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
yeah get it aligned front and back... that should help... i know it helped with my car.
If its till pulling significantly...
Get your mechanic to check out the K frame and suspension components for anything that looks newer than the rest...

Good Luck with it!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
get ur mechanic 2 check ur front struts while hes at it i heard they somtimes r the problem even after ur cars been wheel aligned

Umai Naa!!

R.I.P APY-88V :(
Reaction score
Website
www.aus12.org
Members Ride
VR S1 Exec. A4 3.8L
As part of the ADRs, cars are meant to pull to the left, from the factory. It is built in to the geometry (Camber). Its like this in case you fall asleep at the wheel. That way the car wont veer into oncoming traffic...

If it's worse than that, you'll see it in the way the tyres are wearing.

Also, try a tyre rotation. It may fix it.