Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Punk Performance

juice1929

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
hey guys,

i was servicing my recently bought vt the other day a found a plug all taped up... wondering what it was i unpeeled it and it was the plug that plugs into the air box, but in the tape was a little block with a sticker "punk Performance" with the logo, so i was wondering how do i find out what type of chip is in and what exactly does it do, and whether i can do a few extra mods to improve kw and/or economy

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Sounds like it is a resistor that some people use to make the computer think the motor is sucking in cold air. It richens up your fuel mixture slightly so if you want better economy take it off and plug the wires back into the airbox temp sensor

juice1929

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
Sounds like it is a resistor that some people use to make the computer think the motor is sucking in cold air. It richens up your fuel mixture slightly so if you want better economy take it off and plug the wires back into the airbox temp sensor

how much better would fuel economy be? im getting like 550km out of a tank.

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
hey guys,

i was servicing my recently bought vt the other day a found a plug all taped up... wondering what it was i unpeeled it and it was the plug that plugs into the air box, but in the tape was a little block with a sticker "punk Performance" with the logo, so i was wondering how do i find out what type of chip is in and what exactly does it do, and whether i can do a few extra mods to improve kw and/or economy

Insanity626

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore s2
Hey guys my vtv6s2wagon was def ex and I am trippin to find out wat this poor car that is vt with vy ss body weld jobs and diff colors in the sun from more than one hit numerous defects in body and chassis
That is the maddest quickest sickest 6 I've driven I'm sorry but anyone that knows my boy I call INSANITY lol don't know wat say and I don't know how find out that doesnt cost heaps
My man and I do whatever we can but not sure how far go well as far as he let's me lol so love to know anything on this x
Snapchat-1782624736.jpg
20200126_112602.jpg

Attachments

• 20200108_203111.jpg
    20200108_203111.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 135

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hey guys my vtv6s2wagon was def ex and I am trippin to find out wat this poor car that is vt with vy ss body weld jobs and diff colors in the sun from more than one hit numerous defects in body and chassis
That is the maddest quickest sickest 6 I've driven I'm sorry but anyone that knows my boy I call INSANITY lol don't know wat say and I don't know how find out that doesnt cost heaps
My man and I do whatever we can but not sure how far go well as far as he let's me lol so love to know anything on this xView attachment 209816 View attachment 209817

Can we try again in English ?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
My man and I do whatever we can but not sure how far go well as far as he let's me lol so love to know anything on this xView attachment 209816 View attachment 209817

I quite literally have no idea what you are on about

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fully sick bro.......

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
My man and I do whatever we can but not sure how far go well as far as he let's me lol so love to know anything on this x

Translated as best as possible:

Dear chaps,
I have a VT 6 cylinder and I'd like to know what's wrong with my car. It has some poor body repairs and different colour paint when in the light.
I'm quite happy with the performance of my car, which I call Insanity... [unintelligible].
Dad and I do most repairs... [unintelligible].

Love you.