Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchasing a VY SS

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
Hi Guys,

Am only a newbie on the site, so i apoligise if i have posted this in the wrong spot (mods feel free to move). I have checked the stickys & couldn't find out the info i needed... I am looking at buying a VY SS 6 speed manual & am just trying to work out what is a reasonable price to be buying & roughly the amount of K's it should have done... I was hoping to be able to pick up a decent one (that actually sounds like a V8) for between $20-$22k. Am i being unrealistic??

Any help would be much appreciated, this is my first V8 (current car being a VN V6 Executive) & just want to make sure im not getting screwed!

Cheers

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hi Guys,

Am only a newbie on the site, so i apoligise if i have posted this in the wrong spot (mods feel free to move). I have checked the stickys & couldn't find out the info i needed... I am looking at buying a VY SS 6 speed manual & am just trying to work out what is a reasonable price to be buying & roughly the amount of K's it should have done... I was hoping to be able to pick up a decent one (that actually sounds like a V8) for between $20-$22k. Am i being unrealistic??

Any help would be much appreciated, this is my first V8 (current car being a VN V6 Executive) & just want to make sure im not getting screwed!

Cheers
20-22k is the very high end of town, considering you can pick up Clubsports for around a few k more. To be honest, you need to go out and look at prices and condition and decide what you want to pay. People can tell you what a website may say they are worth, but that is not how much you will pay.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
+1 on what minux said...

But 20G+ for a VY SS Sedan should get you something very clean with fairly low kms...

Good luck with the purchase.

pjwooly

motorcityband.com.au
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS brute
Whatever they are asking on carsales or the others mavr1k, you can expect them to move quite a bit mate cos times are very tough.Some people need to get that second car gone.I got a SS UTE 04 for 16k down from 18k,but do your self a MASSIVE favour...if you like a car and are keen for it get the relevant numbers.The chassis number in the windscreen,engine no. on the LHS of engine.Free to check these with REVS.May save you a lot of greif mate.If the seller has nothing to hide he will be happy to let you do these checks,if he dont..walk...nuff said!!

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Whatever they are asking on carsales or the others mavr1k, you can expect them to move quite a bit mate cos times are very tough.Some people need to get that second car gone.I got a SS UTE 04 for 16k down from 18k,but do your self a MASSIVE favour...if you like a car and are keen for it get the relevant numbers.The chassis number in the windscreen,engine no. on the LHS of engine.Free to check these with REVS.May save you a lot of greif mate.If the seller has nothing to hide he will be happy to let you do these checks,if he dont..walk...nuff said!!

How many km on it ,6 speed or auto , is it leather and does it have a hard lid. cheers Phil

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
20-22k is the very high end of town, considering you can pick up Clubsports for around a few k more. To be honest, you need to go out and look at prices and condition and decide what you want to pay. People can tell you what a website may say they are worth, but that is not how much you will pay.

Yeah, i was originally hoping to get one for around $18k-$20k but there is just nothing around. I have seen a couple of clubbies for around $28-$30k but didnt really want to spend anymore than $25k.

Cheers for all the help & a great site you've all got here. Will definately be a stayer!:thumbsup:

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah, i was originally hoping to get one for around $18k-$20k but there is just nothing around. I have seen a couple of clubbies for around $28-$30k but didnt really want to spend anymore than $25k.

Cheers for all the help & a great site you've all got here. Will definately be a stayer!:thumbsup:

hi there marv1k what are ya after ute or sedan and with what extras are you looking for km, leather, manual , hard cover , exhust mods ,wheels , ect ect...... were abouts are you. Im looking for another ute so ill keep a look out ,if theres one in ya area.

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
G'day Eroled, am looking for a sedan (there are heaps of V8 Ute's out there though..Been looking for a couple of months now). Main things im looking for is manual, for it sound nice and loud (not overdone, just a nice low rumble) if you know what i mean & low K's, anything under 100k would be good. Was going to look at one tonight that had only done 64k but it was sold by the time had the chance to call the owner :(

Not too fussed on it being leather, as long as it's nice and tidy inside. nice set of rims would be abonus but to be honest for some reason i actually like the stock VY SS rims. I have ROH Chrome rims on my Vn at the moment. Look nice...pain in the a*se to keep clean! lol. Stereo wise not too fussed as i have a JVC deck that will be going in anyway. This is my first car that i really want to do up/have looking good (short of rims & chip the VN upgrades never really got off the ground) so im relatively new at all of the various tech mods that can be done, but with the info on this site, am learning quickly..

Am out North mate.. Cheers for the interest..

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
FWIW I got my VZ SS, manual, leather, 70,000kms for $23k from a dealer 6 months ago, and they've gone down even further from what I can tell.

Mavr1k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed Manual
FWIW I got my VZ SS, manual, leather, 70,000kms for $23k from a dealer 6 months ago, and they've gone down even further from what I can tell.

What dealership was that? The cheapest i've seen is $16k and that had nearly $200k km on the clock.....Maybe i am just buying at a bad time!