Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchasing wiring to match factory looms

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Can anybody suggest a supplier for wiring to match the colour codes of late model Commodores? (Specifically, in NSW if possible)

You can get straight colours easily enough, but where can you purchase wires with the colour tracers to match the factory wiring?

I'm not interested in purchasing new looms from Holden, or second hand looms from wreckers, as the wiring I want to make up is simply the courtesy lights for the four Calais door trims in my VY. I need to get a quantity of orange with black tracer, and white with green tracer to make up four simple looms to hook into the wiring at the door connectors. I am assuming the wiring is already run up to each door pillar.

Can anybody help?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Can anybody suggest a supplier for wiring to match the colour codes of late model Commodores? (Specifically, in NSW if possible)

You can get straight colours easily enough, but where can you purchase wires with the colour tracers to match the factory wiring?

I'm not interested in purchasing new looms from Holden, or second hand looms from wreckers, as the wiring I want to make up is simply the courtesy lights for the four Calais door trims in my VY. I need to get a quantity of orange with black tracer, and white with green tracer to make up four simple looms to hook into the wiring at the door connectors. I am assuming the wiring is already run up to each door pillar.

Can anybody help?

I have some orange/black in the shed from stripped looms - white /green may be a challenge....

I'll measure it up see what I have.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The wire bundle I have looks so much like white with black tracer - but I am colour blind so I dont know...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate you may just be in luck :)