Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

purple caliper paint

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Im sure any paint that is able to be applied to extractors would easily be applied to calipers with no problem.

Duplicolour Metalcast Colour Paint - Purple Anodized, MC204 - Supercheap Auto

Thats the one you are after I think?

I just found this one too, its made for Calipers and Drums.

K&H SURFACE TECHNOLOGIES - AUTO RETAIL

CTRL + F (find) and tyep "DISC DRUM CALIPER" and it will come up with anodized purple made for calipers.

Clicking distributors I see the following although no idea if its stock or you would have to order:
Autobarn Pty Ltd
Auto One Group
Autopro Stores
Burson Automotive
Repco Auto Parts
PEP’S Auto Spares

the above from supercheap should be right then huh up to 260 degrees should be ok yeah.. thanks alot for your help by the way.. i asked the guys at supercheap if they had any heat proof purple and they still said no... lol obviously they do

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
the above from supercheap should be right then huh up to 260 degrees should be ok yeah..

You think brakes don't get over 260 degrees? :doh: As long as you don't drive over 10km/h you'll be right....

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I got the purple paint from Supercheap, dont ask for heat proof paint, ask for the anodized paint, and ignore whatever advice the pimply kid tries to give you.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I got the purple paint from Supercheap, dont ask for heat proof paint, ask for the anodized paint, and ignore whatever advice the pimply kid tries to give you.

ok awesome.. what kinda prime and clear do i use.. or do i just buy caliper prime and and clear.. this definitely wont flake or anything?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
ok awesome.. what kinda prime and clear do i use.. or do i just buy caliper prime and and clear.. this definitely wont flake or anything?

I honestly can not remember what primer i used? But did not use a clear & after 3 years its still fine. Im going to do the same to the statesman next weekend, so Ill have to find whatever i used last time I guess.....

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I used the power plus spray paint from supercheap on my vt's brakes almost a year ago.
All I did was clean the brakes with soapy water and a wire brush, apply paint in three coats allowing 15-20mins dry time between each coat and that was it nothing else.
Still looks as good as the day I did it, apart from the brake dust lol.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
lol alright cheers everyone i will be doing this when i get a spare day. i hope the anodized paint works... if not i will let you all know about it haha.. cheers heaps.