Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purple VP Calais

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Cheers for the comments guys! i think they only have a plate over the top for the calais consols. i don't know about white walls but i was considering red walls at one stage. just a sort of thin line around the tyre.

20121209_193845_zpsdedefbb5.jpg

She was looking kinda red the other day in the sunset thought i'd share. couldn't get a good pic without glare though lol.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
pretty cool color. be hard to do without tiger striping the job too... i like that red side cast. i think you should change the lower color to the darker solar silver (factory), would set it off nicely...

EmKa

Cupcake
Reaction score
Members Ride
El Falcon Futura S (shhhhh)
I think either red or white walls would be fine on it, or just as is. Given you've done a custom paint job you don't want to take away too much from that if you get what I mean?

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Cheers for the comments guys! i think they only have a plate over the top for the calais consols. i don't know about white walls but i was considering red walls at one stage. just a sort of thin line around the tyre.

20121209_193845_zpsdedefbb5.jpg

She was looking kinda red the other day in the sunset thought i'd share. couldn't get a good pic without glare though lol.

yeah im guessing so never looked closley at a calais one before. i recone white walls would definatly look cool. but very hard to keep looking white :(

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bought a mace memcal last week because i was running out of ideas on why it was running so rough. I thought a better tune would help it run better. So before the memcal arrived i found out one of my brand new spark plugs was a dud. Thanks allot bosche!

Anyway I've made a good start on the general maintenance.

IMAG0233_zpsad263a2d.jpg

Gave it a well overdue service. and replace the injector o rings/filter baskets.

IMAG0239.jpg

Cleaned out the Air induction components. (picture taken prior to cleaning)

IMAG0240.jpg

Installed my memcal that i bought for no reason. Oh well can't hurt i guess.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thoughts on the Mace memcal?

It's not bad. it's no dyno tune but it use a bit less fuel than i did beforehand. if i got a set of extractors it might help it a bit more.

Last edited:

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
She's on stockies at the moment. Had a blowout on one of my 18's and two others had nails in them and were going down every second day. I've got new tyres for the 18's on another set of rims. just want to get a couple of them rolled before i put the new tyres on.

IMAG0253_zps3e793634.jpg

Painted my stockies with 1 coat of quickdry enamel paint in the hope that they would dull off and look satin. They have stayed kind of shiny though and I look like a try hard with my purple calais with gloss black stockies! haha.

IMAG0180_zps6de9c428.jpg

Did a good job with the sidewall carnage.

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
It's not bad. it's no dyno tune but it use a bit less fuel than i did beforehand.

Mad, any noticeable power/response difference?

Lucky that there was no damage from the blowout!