Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purple VP Calais

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
You cursed me dude!

The fork is fine it's just the plastic starting to break off on the tb. I'd say it's just because the clutch is so heavy. i didn't have any issues with my SD clutch. Anyway i emailed Mal wood and it's 89 plus $12 for postage for a metal one. should last me for good i think. and then, maybe then i can go 6 months without having to pull off my gearbox LOL!

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
Stainless steel bolts are not what you should be using in the flywheel.

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
They are not high tensile. Far cheaper to purchase the correct ones than have to pay for the damage the incorrect ones could cause.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
They are not high tensile. Far cheaper to purchase the correct ones than have to pay for the damage the incorrect ones could cause.

could explain why they fell out lol.

Made a start tonight. already have the new metal thrust bearing in just have to put on the y piece, shifter and tailshaft at the diff tomorrow. getting quick at taking out T5's lol.

IMG_01811_zpsbbe57851.jpg

as you can see where the fork goes into the old one is rooted. guess a plastic thrust bearing just ain't up to the crack when you have a HD clutch.

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
Good to hear you got it all sorted. Same colour?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good to hear you got it all sorted. Same colour?

Nah i want to go a stock colour and maybe play with it a bit. multi layer pearl is no good i've decided. and i know i know, going to all that effort to colour change it then doing it all again. what a nutcase! we were all second year apprentices once though lol.

Lots of pearl and flow coating? :p

Naahh not puting myself through that hell again lol. it's just the vp, 3 coats of clear, a quick de-nib and polish and she's done!

I don't mind that ve colour chlorophyll. throw some ideas at me guys. wanna keep the 2 tone aswel coz calaais!

gonna replace my oxy sensors too, and then service it. if it doesn't stop using too much fuel after that it might be getting scrapped instead of re-painted :p